Missed calls in ring groups

Like I was saying before…the EPM default should be for the phone’s Call Log app to be server-driven, not held on the phone itself. The phone should just render what the server says its call log is.

In your EPM template, does your account element have a child setting that’s “use_call_log_api”?
Whats its value?

Sorry… i don’t understand really what you say. in my EPM template for the sangoma p320 i don’t see any call log button or configuration option.
in the global settings of the EPM neither.

I use the digium_default template. When I check the config file in the EPM Basefile-Edit, it does not show the entry “use_call_log…”.
But maybe it is only a misunderstanding. When a call comes in (ring group) and one of the extensions answers it, there is no missed call icon or window on the desktop…no counter…

just when you open the call history, there is a missed call. So maybe this is on purpose?

When nobody answers the call to the ring group, then there is a counter (1) on the desktop and a window showing the info about the missed call.

…and of course…it’s in the call history list.

I’m testing using the following:

• FreePBX 16, Ring Group module ver. 16.0.11
  • Phone firmware 4_17_3 (which is not yet public, but should behave identically to 4_16_X)
  • P325, P330 and P370 all in same ring groups
  • EPM Options Missed Calls and Call Completed Elsewhere are both marked to the default setting of “Enable”

I have conducted a number of ring group calling tests with the setting “Mark Answered Elsewhere” set to “Always”, “Yes” and “No” and find that they are mostly working as expected.

When I make a call to ring group with MAE set to No then immediately hang up before any phone answers, all phones show a missed call notification on the home screen of the phone. For the P370 that’s a full call card, for the other phones it’s a tiny broken arrow icon in the title bar. If I do the same test and answer the call from one device, all remaining devices get missed call notification on the home screen.

If I make calls to the ring group with MAE set to Always then no notifications show on the home screen for any calls regardless of where or how they are answered or not answered

Testing with MAE set to Yes, and I get the expected behavior, where if nobody answers, it will show a missed call notification on all devices, but if the call is answered by anyone in the group, the remaining devices don’t show a missed call notification.

So I conclude that the ‘Calls Answered Elsewhere’ parameter in ring groups works as expected to control the notification on the P phone home screen. The one thing I see that makes me think there’s a cosmetic issue with the Call History app on the P phone. When pulling up the call history, ALL inbound calls to the phone that don’t get answered locally show as a missed call in call history, regardless of the CAE setting or whether a notification was displayed on the phone. I think most would expect that in cases where the CAE setting successfully disabled the missed call notification on the home screen of the phone, that the call should not show up as a missed call in call history, but instead show up as an inbound call. I will open a ticket to address that.

1 Like

Thanks a lot…that’s what I meant…it’s just a call history phenomenon. I just didn’t know if this is by design :wink:
One could also create a new icon for an incoming call answered elsewhere, e.g. red+green arrow
…like this
CAE

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.