Missed call Notification on Email

I am running FreePBX 14.0.1.19 ‘VoIP Server’. I want that if there is a missed call, it should be notified by sending an email to predefined email address. How can it be possible? Please guide.

Hi Hamid,
You can look Voicemail Notify module will be help you.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Voicemail+Notify

But the problem is this, in this way I will get email notifications for only those callers who have left their voice messages.

So we adopted the fact that 90% of missed calls are callers that reach the persons voicemail greeting but don’t want to leave a message.

So we accomplished the following:
We made this custom script in extensions_custom.conf for each extension

exten => 837815,1,TrySystem(echo "Missed Call - From: ${CALLERID(name)} ${CALLERID(number)} received at ${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%l:%M:%S %p %Z on %A %B %e)}" | mail -s "PBX Alert - Missed Call" -r "PBX Alerts<[email protected]>" [email protected])
exten => 837815,n,Goto(ext-local,vmu101,1)

Now you can either use a custom destination or misc destination that will call this script.
Go to the extensions advanced settings and point no answer, busy & not reachable to what you configured to call the script.

This works well, but there’s two downsides.

1. You won’t have the option of playing the busy greeting.
  2. If the caller leaves a message the user will receive two emails…
2 Likes

Thank you for a detailed reply. I will try this, I hope it will work. Thanks again :blush: :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.