Migration to PJSIP

Hi

Ive migrated from SIP to PJSIP using the tool.
But i cannot get some extension to register

res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:676 log_failed_request: Request ‘SUBSCRIBE’ from ‘sip:MAC%[email protected]’ failed for ‘10.10.20.95:5080’ (callid: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate

Also when i am trying to make a call i am getting

res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:676 log_failed_request: Request ‘INVITE’ from ‘“Anonymous” sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘10.10.20.95:5060’ (callid: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate

Do i ve to setup something ?

Probably, but we’d need to see the output from “pjsip set logger on” and the relevant parts of the configuration. At a t guess, there may be differences in the handling of URI escapes in the first case. In the second case, you may need to make the requirement to match on IP address explicit.

what part of the configuration are you interested in ?

For the PJSIP settings or extensions ?

The PJSIP settings for the extensions (endpoint, idnentify, etc.)

not good photo

not good photo

The first request comes from what FreePBX would consider to be extension MAC=000B82A62107, or MAC%3A000B82A62107, if it can cope with such extensions “numbers” at all. Chances are that it is an unconfigured phone, given that FreePBX calls devices extensions and expects them to identify with their dialplan extension number.

The second request comes from something that has suppressed its extension number, but may have included it when it registered. It needs to be matched by IP address, but my experience is with Asterisk, so I could only check if you are doing that using the actual .conf files

yes, but why its sending its mac address and not with the IP address

It’s sending both. It is sending the MAC address where FreePBX would expect the extension number. That is a recommended security practice that isn’t supported by FreePBX, so may well be what an unconfigured device does.

the phone that it is sending its mac is not registered, yet.

But it is the only phone in the netowrk which cannot register.

using sngrep i can see the phone sending its REGISTER request but not receiving any reply

Is it trying to register as the extension you expect, or as MAC…?

It should be getting a reply if it is sending to the correct port number, even if the address of record is invalid.

as an extension

The proble is that even if i make a new PJSIP extension it cannot register.
So i belive something is wrong with my Freepbx when i ve changed chan_sip to pjsip ?

Should i go back to chan_sip ?

Because one extension cannot register, everything else is broke?

Not how things work. Are you using the correct ports in the device? I saw both 5080 and 5060 in your first post.

Pictures of a monitor? Did not even try to see what that said.

Yes, i am using port 5060 in the device.

sorry about the pics but i wasnt in my office.

I dont understand when i make a new PJSIP extension it cannot register.
I ve used the pjsip conversion tool from cli to change all my sip extensions to pjsip.

For somestrange reason i had to enable both chan_sip and pjsip and it worked.
After that i ve disabled chan_sip and still working fine!!!

very strange

Thanks for your help

This sounds v ery similar to an older issue we had experienced.

During our migration, we had SIP and PJSIP both running, on different ports.

Miggrating a user to PJSIP does not necessarily automatically change their endpoint to the other port.

Especially if sngrep is indicating that the server is not responding to the register whatsoever.

it feels very much like you’re sending the traffic to a port that freepbx isnt truly listening on.

This looks like the IP is banned.