Migration to new version

for the past month or so I’ve been working on our PBX. It started off as an upgrade until I noticed our existing FreePBX is still on 1.817.210.58-1. So I have a new server (vm) and it’s running 5.211.65-15. I’m trying to configure the new one off of old notes and a stare and compare from the old PBX. As you can imagine, it’s not working out as hope. During a network restart; I noticed the following and do not know what to do about it.

[[email protected] ~]# service network restart
Shutting down interface bond0: [ OK ]
Shutting down interface eth0: [ OK ]
Shutting down loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface bond0: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface eth0: Determining if ip address 10.x.x.xx is already in use for device eth0…
[ OK ]
Bringing up interface bond0.8: RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
ERROR: could not add vlan 8 as bond0.8 on dev bond0
[FAILED]

[[email protected] network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-bond0.8
DEVICE=bond0.8
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=xx.xx.xx.255
IPADDR=xx.xx.xx.xx
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=xx.xx.xx.0
ONBOOT=yes
GATEWAY=xx.xx.xx.1
VLAN=yes