Microsoft Teams - Sangoma SBC

I am wondering if anyone has an experience with integrating Microsoft Teams with FreePBX with Sangoma SBC or something similar. I am having an issue on integrating this together and allow Microsoft Teams to connect to FreePBX. I have looked at peoples posts on forums and it does not make sense to me

What are you using as the Teams SBC?

If you’re asking whether the interop can be done with Sangoma SBC, I don’t think so. The list of SBCs that Microsoft has certified is here. There are also open-source, DIY methods.

But since you say you are having an issue with integration that implies you already have something in place and are trying to make it work.

A FreePBX competitor is releasing a direct (no SBC) connection from Asterisk to Teams.

I hope Sangoma can come up with something comparable.

They posted this in their telegram channel.

2 Likes

Wow, very cool, that is a huge feature. We are hearing a lot of desire to consolidate endpoints into Teams, especially in the CV19 remote working world. Hadent heard about Vital before (maybe just in passing) but this sounds great.

Lots of people find the idea appealing but the individual licensing tends to put a damper on things - $8 per seat per month for a Teams Phone System license on top of whatever O365 licensing you’ve got going on (unless you subscribe to the premium E5 package).

Unless I loved Teams I’d put my money on SIP/webrtc softphones (Sng Zulu + Connect) for all the extra functionality.

1 Like

Not arguing with you, but so many people say they want it and ignore the costs.

Agreed, there seems to be a certain threshold of acceptance if they are giving more money to a giant corporation. :roll_eyes:

My experience has been more with SMB who are penny-pinchers!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.