Method to Access only one DAHDI Trunk

Hello!

We don’t have reliable internet in our area, so I’m reluctant to use SIP. I understand that reluctantce introduces certain restrictions when I use FreePBX.

My setup involves paired copper wire interfacing with my FreePBX server over a DAHDI card. We forward calls to our after hours service at the end of the day and turn the call forwarding off at the beginnning of the day. The trunks are on group 0. Normal dialout order is phone number 3, followed by 2, followed by 1. When it’s time to close, we dial 234*72, and the order reverses so we call forward line 1. Occasionally, line 1 is busy, so we may accidently forward line 2.

Question: Is there a way to set this up so that when we dial our 234 code, it only does business with line 1? In other words, it doesn’t even acknowledge the other two lines.

Thank you for looking at this.

You can create another trunk that just uses a single channel, not the group. Then create an outbound route for the code that uses this trunk. Order this outbound route above the others.

Thank you. I didn’t know I could assign more than one trunk to a DAHDi channel, but that seems to have fixed the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.