Manual backup status does not show after upgrade from 14 to 15

Hi all,

I upgraded FreePBX 14 to 15 using the instructions at How to: Upgrade from Freepbx 14 to 15 from Command Line - #2 by sorvani.

Since upgrading there is no information displayed when performing a manual backup via Admin > Backup & Restore > Backup. The window stays open and cannot be closed despite backups completing successfully (screenshot below). Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas what to try please?

PBX Version: 15.0.23.17
PBX Distro:12.7.8-2203-2.sng7
Asterisk Version:13.38.3

Thanks
Jon

FreePBX 15 introduced a new backup and restore module along with a new module to control where things go called filestore.

Did you configure all of it? You cannot just assume your old backup will work.

Hi @sorvani, yes, I did need to reconfigure the FTP target under filestore and update the connection password. I can see that backups are successfully created in the FTP target and it works fine from the command line. It’s just when backing up via the GUI that it doesn’t update the information window.

Thanks
Jon

I’ve just received the following error in the window now

Loading Please WaitNETWORK ERROR...see console log for more details
Attempting reconnection...

The server is on another subnet so guessing the firewall is blocking a port. Does anyone know if the backup information window uses a different port to 80/443?

Thanks
Jon

Tried from a host on the same subnet, with no firewall interfering, and still getting same issue. Also noticed several backups are listed after successfully creating a backup to FTP - only one file is created in the FTP destination though.

Backups

Just a quick update. I’ve found that the failure to display backup output issue only occurs when logging in to FreePBX via HTTP. HTTPS connections display the output as expected so no major problem.

Still have the problem with multiple entries in the restore list.

I’m unable to repro this, the backup output scrolls during gui backup regardless of whether I’m using http or https. There is more to this report, nothing we can action with engineering at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.