Macro-dialout-one-predial-hook and follow-me

Hi!

macro-dialout-one-predial-hook isn’t called when follow-me is set on my box…

Is that on purpose and if so why?

Even if the call is transferred elsewhere shouldn’t the hook work anyway?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Nick:

Purely internal calls can hit one of a number of macros depending on whether it is a ring group or other dial scenario. See this post:

or you can do something like this during a live call:

tail -f /var/log/asterisk/full | grep hook
1 Like

Hi Lorne!

I had seen your very interesting post and it confirmed that [macro-dialout-one-predial-hook] was the right macro for my situation (I directly want to call an extension from another).

For me, macro-dialout-one-predial-hook works fine when I don’t set follow-me on the extension.

If I set follow-me the macro-dialout-one-predial-hook macro is not called and none of the other macros seem applicable in my case and if they are called I saw no trace of it…

I will take a look at it again tonight…

I want to be able to do additional processing when an extension calls another directly…

I think that I might have found another way to do this by playing with the dial string on a per extension basis (I did not yet confirmed it this will actually work) but this will create another problem, my macro will get called even for outbound calls and I don’t want it to…

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

What are your FMFM settings, specifically ring strategy and initial ring time. Are you using normal internal extensions for the FMFM extensions, are you using # suffixes?