Lost outbound dialing after using Blacklist feature code (code conflict)?

Hi all!

I have a stable, fairly unexciting small office phone system set up, using FreePBX 15.0.37. I was using the blacklist module for the first time, by using the configured feature code (*30) on two of our Grandstream 2170s (PJSIP). I wasn’t sure how to use the feature code and so dialed: speaker, *30, [ten digit number], #. At this point the phone hung up. Also, I noticed a note at the top of my phone’s LCD that said ‘Caller ID Disabled’. I didn’t think very much about this note… I wish I had.

At this point I lost the ability to make outbound calls. I would receive a fast busy tone when I tried. I couldn’t use outbound intercom (*80) nor pick up parked calls.

After a great deal of effort in research, checking the blacklist module, checking status on the phone and the account, updating modules, rebooting everything… I simply tried un-blacklisting. I dialed *31 (the feature code set up for this in the server). This caused a note to pop up on my phone’s LCD: “Caller ID Enabled”. This time, it occurred to me that this might be valuable information. I checked the outbound dialing and all was well.

At this point, the in-bound intercom service is still not working on these two phones, but that seems to be all. If I try, the originating phone shows a ‘486 Busy’ on the screen. I am curious if you have any advice? My theory at the moment, is that I have feature codes that overlap? I was never able to actually insert a # into the blacklist module. So I am guessing the CallerID feature was getting in the way first. But I don’t see another entry for *30 in the server’s Feature Codes module.

I am terribly curious, what do you think happened? And, how do I reconfigure to avoid this?

Thank you so much for reading this!!


In the phone web GUI, on the Account x → Feature Codes, turn off Enable Local Call Features . If already off, I don’t know why *30 isn’t reaching the PBX. When working properly, *30 will prompt “Please enter the number to be blacklisted …”

In Account x → Intercom Settings, turn on Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info/Alert-Info . If it’s already on, I don’t know what’s wrong.

If you still have trouble, at the Asterisk command prompt type
pjsip set logger on
make a failing call, paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.com or similar and post the link here. If you are too new to post links, post it as preformatted text.

@Stewart1 - Thank you so much!! That worked perfectly. Yes, we had “Enable Local Call Features” enabled, locally, on both of these desk sets. As soon as I disabled this feature (save & apply), the server’s blacklist function began working as expected: “Please enter the number… etc.”

I am truly grateful for your knowledge and effort!!

Scott C.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.