Lost chan_dahdi_additional.conf after upgrade to 2.8.0.0

Asterisk 1.4.28, on Centos 2.6.18-164.9.1.el5. After upgrade to 2.8.0.0, FreePBX seems to be generating empty /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_additional.conf files even though I have dahdi devices defined in the database. My /etc/dahdi/system.conf defines 72 channels, and of those, channels 49-72 are supposed to be assigned to 24 dahdi device numbers. “service dahdi status” shows all 72 channels. But in the asterisk CLI, “dahdi show channels” omits anything over 48. Calls to those extensions go straight to VM, if enabled, otherwise “channel unavailable,” no dialtone on the sets. Not sure if it matters here, but in /etc/amportal.conf, ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT=true and AMPEXTENSIONS=deviceanduser.

The PBX returns to normal operation if I restore /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_additional.conf from a backup and restart.

I thought FreePBX generated the conf file from the database on every reload. Did I miss something in the upgrade process? If not, does anyone know what’s happening here? Thx.

Jim Shilliday


chan_dahdi_conf:


[channels]
language=en
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
immediate=no
switchtype = national

context = from-mci
group = 0
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-23

context = from-altigen
group = 1
signalling = pri_net
channel => 25-47

; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf


chan_dahdi_additional.conf (after upgrade to 2.8.0.0 and reload):


;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make ;
; custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;


last few lines of output from ‘database show device’:


/DEVICE/969/default_user : 313
/DEVICE/969/dial : ZAP/69
/DEVICE/969/type : fixed
/DEVICE/969/user : 313
/DEVICE/970/default_user : 408
/DEVICE/970/dial : ZAP/70
/DEVICE/970/type : fixed
/DEVICE/970/user : 408
/DEVICE/971/default_user : none
/DEVICE/971/dial : ZAP/71
/DEVICE/971/type : adhoc
/DEVICE/971/user : 324
/DEVICE/972/default_user : 413
/DEVICE/972/dial : ZAP/72
/DEVICE/972/type : fixed
/DEVICE/972/user : 413

do you have:

ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT=yes

set in amportal.conf? (I am assuming you are using ‘zap’ to configure all your channels since there was no DAHDi tables or options prior to 2.8?

Hi Philippe –
Thx and yes, ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT is set to true, see below.
Jim


/etc/amportal.conf


ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT=true|false

DEFAULT VALUE: false

If set to true, FreePBX will check if you have chan_dadhi installed. If so, it will

automatically use all your ZAP configuration settings (devices and trunks) and

silently convert them, under the covers, to DAHDI so no changes are needed. The

GUI will continue to refer to these as ZAP but it will use the proper DAHDI channels.

This will also keep Zap Channel DIDs working.

ZAP2DAHDICOMPAT=true

Hi

I seem to be getting the same problem on two Asterisk/FreePBX systems that I have just upgraded to 2.8.0.1
Both have a ZAP extension that was working with 2.7 but no longer works (calls goto VM).
I have found that although chan_dahdi_additional.conf is being written ONLY the comment block at the top
is being written to the file. The actual config is not.

Any ideas on how to fix/circumvent?
Restoring the file after every config change is a bit of a non-starter.

Thanks, Richard

please try r10170

if it looks good will get the module published.

Hi Philippe –

Not sure I did this correctly. Downloaded the new functions.inc.php file and installed it to /var/www/html/admin, saving the original. Freepbx lets me log in, but hangs instead of displaying the dashboard (browser = chrome). Restored original functions.inc.php, started working again, but of course no fix for the problem.

Please lmk if there’s something else I needed to do to test it.

Thx
Jim

the file that was modified was:

/var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php

sounds like you replaced:

/var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php

which will complete kill FreePBX.

Oops, I guess that would explain it. Installed it properly and chan_dahdi_additional.conf is now surviving a reload. Publish away, and thanks much!

Jim

Just updated to the new published level and the conf file is being written ok. Took an amportal stop/start to get the analogue extension to ring and stop going to VM but all working ok now. Thanks.