/lib/modprobe.d/dist-blacklist.conf

I have a server that keeps spitting out errors with the syntax of this file. It doesn’t like the way the lines are commented out. Its commenting out multiple lines starting with /** and ending with */

For example in /tmp/firewall I see a bunch of stuff like this

libkmod: kmod_config_parse: /lib/modprobe.d/dist-blacklist.conf line 1: ignoring bad line starting with ‘ndex(0),’
libkmod: kmod_config_parse: /lib/modprobe.d/dist-blacklist.conf line 3: ignoring bad line starting with ‘/**’
libkmod: kmod_config_parse: /lib/modprobe.d/dist-blacklist.conf line 4: ignoring bad line starting with ‘
libkmod: kmod_config_parse: /lib/modprobe.d/dist-blacklist.conf line 5: ignoring bad line starting with '

I looked at a working PBX and there that same file is using # to comment.

The files also have completely different contents. How is this file generated?

Both PBXs are on 12.7.6-1904-1.sng7

I don’t think the firewall is actually running despite the module saying it is. I keep seeing

Firewall Rules corrupted! Restarting in 5 seconds
More information available in /tmp/firewall.log

The log just shows all the stuff iptables is doing by accepting certain IPs and URLs and rejecting others.

Also tried seeing who this IP is that keeps trying to register phones and now the pbx claims it cant run whois

yum install whois tells me its already installed.

Not sure whats going on but in the last couple weeks I’ve had a bunch of servers all of a sudden having issues.

It had a tampered module alert for Zulu (like a bunch of these PBXs do now) and after doing the fwconsole ma signaturerefresh that went away but the firewall wasn’t working, so I decided to do a yum update hoping this is something that has been fixed in a recent update. That caused the same issue I’ve had on several other servers where it crashes during the update process and when I finally get the pbx to boot at all i get a bunch of errors about not being able to the connect to the database.

Is anyone having these issues?

yum update does not update modules.
Run

fwconsole ma upgradeall

What’s the hardware specks?

I’ll have to look later when I have a chance but each vm is only using 1 logical core and 2 or 3 gb of memory I think.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.