LDAP support for CALLER ID Lookup

(note, this is cross posted in the development forum, my apologies if this is Bad™ )

I’ve modified the cidlookup module significantly to provide support for LDAP lookup.

I now use it extensively to perform caller id lookups against active directory.

You can find it in ticket #2389. It supports an area-code prefix and a number format option.
If you set prefix to 417, and format to (XXX) XXX-XXXX
then a caller by the number of 4173161234 will be searched as
and
(417) 316-1234

This should cover most number formats, though if you need more (like ‘316-1234’ to match a formatted local
number) I’ll have a look.

Note that its called ‘ldapcidlookup’ until the changes are (if ever) integrated into the real cidlookup module.

Please don’t enable cidlookup and ldapcidlookup at the same time. They use the same database and naming
convention.

Blacky

better to post it in one place but np. I’ve actually added it to a new contributed module repository that we are creating and will be soon able to provide svn write access to the authors of such modules so stay tuned.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Hi,

I was looking for an ldap integration for some time now, but found nothing. Is there a chance to get this modified cidlookup?

Cheers,

Marc

look here: http://mirror.freepbx.org/modules/release/contributed_modules/

Hi,

thank you for the link. I tried with freepbx 2.5.1 but when installed I cannot add inbound routes, because freepbx complains about missing “channel”-field in cidlookup_incoming. I tried adding that field, then there is no error anymore but no lookup is done. I selected “ldap” as source in the inbound route with no success. Nothing is inserted in “channel” and looking at the route again says: no source. My OpenLDAP is not queried.

This is from mysql-table “cidlookup_incoming”

cidlookup_id extension channel
4 5399086

As you can see, there is an id but no channel. What does this mean ?

Is 2.5.1 not compatible with ldaplookup ?

Thank you very much

Marc

Third party modules are unfortunately exactly that. done by third parties and not included in the base program when new versions are upgraded. It is up to that author to update it when a new release comes out.

I’d take a look code and see who the author is and contact them to see if it is compatible with 2.5.x or if not when they plan on doing it.

After installing ldapcidlookup-1.3.0.3 module on FreePBX 2.5.1 my freepbx does not work more. Freepbx page is completely empty!
Wow to uninstall the module through the shell? Or any other ideas for the repair freepbx?
Thanks

Igor

please rename ldapcidlookup in …/modules to ldapcidlookup.bak

reload freepbx
disable cidlookup in modules-admin
rename ldapcidlookup.bak to ldapcidlookup

reload freepbx

in the first post the author says: DO NOT ENABLE CIDLOOKUP AND LDAPCIDLOOKUP AT THE SAME TIME

cheers,

marc