IVR voice files?

Hello, I have a voice memo for IVR. I just need to know what file format does it accept? Currently it is in mp3 format. Also I was wondering where do I upload the audio file at? Thank you.

Joseph

Hello, I found the information online. It said I need to go from mp3 to wav. But it needs to be mono format with 128kbps and encoding 16bit pcm. I did that using Adaucity editor. Then I went to admin/system recording and upload one there. It looks like it did that because I can see it in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom but it doesn’t show up in the admin/system recordings on the right list. and It doesn’t show up in the ivr for accouncements. Can someone help me to fix this please?

Joseph

I double and triple checked everything. I can not even get it to see in the list for IVR announcments or the sound upload in the admin area.

Edit: Also what is strange if I delete all the other recording in the list and refresh the page. All of them show in the list. they all been deleted in the list. Now I did back up all recordings before i did this. Also I thought it was my browser so I have tried a different browser and showed the same thing. Then i tried another browser and it showed the same thing. I’m out of idea’s on what to do now.

Joseph

I’m so sorry I missed a step. after uploading the audio file I’m suppose to name the recording then hit save.

Joseph

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.