IVR to Directory Delay

I configured option 1 on my IVR to go to my custom made directory. There is 4 seconds of silence between pressing 1 and hearing the directory announcement.

Can someone reproduce this issue?

I am using FreePBX Distro 1.8.1.2 / FreePBX 2.9.0.7

I am having the same issue here and I just can’t figure out what is causing it. I also have a language switch option in the IVR and that is very quick.

I added some debug statements and looked at the log timing and it oddly seems to be more related to the IVR prompt or something during that flow which I can’t figure out.

Cheers,
Alain

I finally figured out that the delay that I was experiencing was instead due to the fact that the digit to reach the IVR was also the first digit of a number of extensions reachable through the direct dial extension option.

So, the system is waiting to see if the value to process will be the single digit or if the user will input an extension number.

I tried reducing the timeout, but it doesn’t appear to have any effect as I’ve already entered a digit probably.

Any expert out there than can help?
Any solution to allow dialin of any extension ? (We would like our employees to dialin and reach special private extensions)
Otherwise any other solution than re-creating all of our extensions to start with 7, 8 or 9 which are not presently used in the IVR?

Help please.

Cheers,
Alain

Thanks to this posting: http://www.fonality.com/trixbox/forums/trixbox-forums/help/ivr-announcement-delay I was able to set the digit timeount to 1 as :Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=1) in modules/ivr/functions.inc.php at line 219 from 3 to 1 and this did the trick, after resaving the IVR config.

Now the question and help? How can we have this value configurable?

Cheers,
Alain

Yes, it would be nice to be able to adjust this timeout in the global options.