IVR --> Ring Groups --> Ext (No able to reach the call)

Hi Guys,

I have another issue, when I try to setup my IVR, it seems my extension it’s assign to the ring groups or directly calling to the extension. It seems is rejecting the call. I tried to check logs and when I see the logs this messages appears :

[2023-01-25 11:16:50] ERROR[20493] res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c: Host: '86.170.17.132:20001': There were no auth ids available

The port 20001 I haven’t open as I am running the RTP port ranges between 10000-20000

It’s anyone maye can help me? to see why that error appears and how can I troubleshoot that?
Thanks in advanced!

I have noticed, when I connect a softphone with the same extension, as my IP Phone it happens the above error.

20001 is the other half of an rtp connection started on port 20000 , 10000 to 20000 has always been ‘bad math’, it is not modulo 2. Make it 10000 to 19999

Thanks for that !

Just my last question, just to get out of my doubts. Am I able to set 1 extensions in multiple devices with Asterisk? I need to get validated reasons to the customer as they pretend to use multiple users with different devices with Zoiper, and I have notice when it happens that the extension shows as busy extension, and no even fwconsole restart clears the registration unless if I assign another extension to the second device. It’s anyone , can explain me this behaviour in technical terms how is deploy the core of FreePBX.

You have a fairly complex setup: Inbound Route → IVR → Ring Group → Extension.
Try to find the simplest thing that fails and troubleshoot that first.

For example, can you call from one extension to another?

If so, can you dial the Ring Group number from an extension (that’s not part of the Ring Group) and have that work properly?

If so, can you set the Inbound Route to go directly to an extension and receive those calls? If so, can you route to the Ring Group and have that work?

Yes, you can have multiple devices on the same pjsip extension, but you must set Max Contacts to at least the number of devices. I suggest twice the number, in case some of the registrations are unstable.

Thanks Stewart,

I tested all ring groups and are working okay. The only thing it was to adjust the max contacts to the extension. In this way there is more stability in the connection to the softphone in this case Zoiper.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.