IVR only accepting 1 digit

There are many changes to freepbx made weekly. We do not announce all of them. There would be so much noise you’d probably end up ignoring it. This change is in the change log. That has always existed. You can follow the change log and see the ticket releated to it. You can also see the QA it went through as well.

Do you really want announcements for every change. You might want to reply with “only with breaking changes”. Please note that something that is breaking for you is not breaking for someone else.

The result of this is because someone else said ivr was totally useless and gave a bunch of reasons why. So we implemented this change for them. Now you want to revert what works for them for you. So revert the breaking change for you that would be a breaking change for them. This is what makes running this project so hard. It can make no sense to you all day long but it can make complete sense to someone in an entirely different boat. There are millions of systems.

That said we will look into a solution on this for everyone. All you have to do is ask. It’s in EDGE right now for a reason. Why are you running edge on production systems?

1 Like

Only because I manually upgraded the edge to test this

We had to run edge to fix the Alert info issues where the ring tone wouldn’t change. How do I revert the IVR and to which version. Yes this makes sense :slight_smile:

Go to module admin, click check online, expand IVR and click on previous, rollback to the latest previous version and test…

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-19475

Added new setting of ‘No - Legacy’ to strict dial timeout. This is the default moving forward and upgrades should move into this mode automatically. As for previous upgrades you’ll have to go into your IVRs and set this to ‘No - Legacy’ and it should work as intended.

5 Likes

This wasn’t a previous upgrade, so I am confused on this.
I just upgraded a system to IVR 14.0.9.1 from 14.0.4 and none of the existing IVR were changed to No-Legacy. They stayed on No.

Yes. It was. Anything higher than 14.0.3 is a “previous” upgrade

Because 14.0.4 already had “Force Strict Dial Timeout”. This is working as intended. You’d have to be earlier than 14.0.3

Ok, the report was originally on 14.0.8 (edge), so now we know.

The best upgrade then would be to downgrade to 14.0.3 first and then upgrade to 14.0.9.1 in order to force things to work properly (read: as they always have).

For anyone that does not want to downgrade and then upgrade, but also does not want to change many IVR (my test system had 35), you can use this SQL from a root command prompt. It will change all IVR that are No to No-Legacy

mysql -e "UPDATE asterisk.ivr_details SET strict_dial_timeout = 2 WHERE strict_dial_timeout = 0;"
fwconsole reload

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.