IVR Directory Lookup

The default voice recording for the directory lookup accessed through the IVR tells the caller to enter the first 3 letters of the employee’s last name. However, the lookup actually searches by first name, which is confusing for the customers that call us. Is there a way to get it to search by last name?

Under the hood I think it uses the Asterisk Directory() application, and there are several options available.

asterisk*CLI> core show application Directory

…which you can play around with from FreePBX via Misc Applications, Misc Destinations, custom contexts, /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf file edits, etc. Once you find what you like, then you can modify /etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf file to seal the deal.

Hi penguinpbx,

I actually figured out what the issue was. In the IVR, the destination for the directory was listed as “Phonebook Directory,” which searches by the first 3 letters of the full name field. I changed it to the Directory module, and now it searches by last name. Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.