IVR announcement not playing

I am VERY new to pbx and freepbx

[root@freepbx home]# uname -r
3.10.0-1127.19.1.el7.x86_64

Earlier this week I became responsible for the server running freepbx. It had been neglected for a long time. The first thing I did was change the root password. Then I updated the system using yum -which broke some stuff - I had to chown ownership of tftpboot to asterisk to get the freepbx browser console up. I installed a backup agent. Then I started to work on freepbx by running:

amportal a ma update framework
amportal a r
fwconsole ma upgradeall

I fixed an issue with the firewall users by running fwconsole ma install manager

At some point, perhaps after I chown’d tftpboot and certainly before I ran amportal and the upgrades, the users started reporting the IVR announcement wasn’t being played.

I can’t find any error messages in /var/log/asterisk/full (or other logs)
When I call into the platform, I can see my call connecting in the Live Network Usage section of the dashboard.
I checked the permissions on the sound files at /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en - they look fine

What am I missing? If I could find an error message, I’d provide it.

Go into the IVR Module and double check your settings. After that, check the logs and make sure the IVR is processing correctly and that the audio is being played.

Thank you for your reply.

First - It is working this morning. I believe it must have been a carrier issue. My tendency is to always suspect the carrier, but I keep these suspicions to myself until I can prove it.

I am looking in the logs - and am not sure what to look for. I haven’t seen an entry that says it is playing an announcement. Do you know what I should be looking for? I am checking in /var/log/asterisk/full - and it is set for ‘verbose’

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.