iSymphony - Login failed: username does not exist:


(Chuck Coggins) #1

Good evening everyone,

I am running into an issue today.
I added a user to FreePBX in User Management and linked them to their new Extension.
As soon as I applied the config everyone using iSymphony got booted out and had to log back in.

Other users were able to get back in, but I was left with 3 users who were unable to login after this happened.

I am on FreePBX 14.0.13.34 and iSymphony 3.5.4.1 build 1

in the iSymphony.log file this is the error I am seeing when I try to login.

2020-10-23 16:11:41,934 [comm] [pool-7-thread-40] ERROR com.xmlnamespace.panel.server.core.authentication.CoreAuthenticationServiceProvider - Login failed: username does not exist: ccoggins
2020-10-23 16:11:41,935 [comm] [pool-7-thread-40] WARN  com.xmlnamespace.panel.server.core.authentication.FreePBXAuthenticationProvider - Login failed: username does not exist: ccoggins
2020-10-23 16:11:41,937 [comm] [[jms-executorService] thread-7] ERROR com.xmlnamespace.panel.client.login.impl.LoginClientModuleImpl - Exception attempting to log in:
com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.core.model.exception.CoreAuthenticationException: Invalid username/password
        at com.xmlnamespace.panel.server.core.authentication.FreePBXAuthenticationProvider.handle(FreePBXAuthenticationProvider.java:240) ~[na:na]
        at com.xmlnamespace.panel.server.core.authentication.FreePBXAuthenticationProvider.handleRequest(FreePBXAuthenticationProvider.java:216) ~[na:na]
        at com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.communication.jms.request.JMSRequestServer.handleRequest(JMSRequestServer.java:358) ~[com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.communication.jms_1.0.0.jar:na]
        at com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.communication.jms.request.JMSRequestServer.handleMessage(JMSRequestServer.java:339) ~[com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.communication.jms_1.0.0.jar:na]
        at com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.communication.jms.request.JMSRequestServer.lambda$4(JMSRequestServer.java:259) ~[com.xmlnamespace.panel.lib.communication.jms_1.0.0.jar:na]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_74]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_74]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_74]
2020-10-23 16:12:02,191 [client] [qtp1863100050-3999] ERROR org.atmosphere.container.Jetty9WebSocketHandler - {}
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Timeout on Read
        at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onReadTimeout(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:541) [org.eclipse.jetty_9.2.10.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection.onFillInterestedFailed(AbstractConnection.java:173) [org.eclipse.jetty_9.2.10.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onFillInterestedFailed(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:506) [org.eclipse.jetty_9.2.10.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback$1.run(AbstractConnection.java:582) [org.eclipse.jetty_9.2.10.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635) [org.eclipse.jetty_9.2.10.jar:na]
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555) [org.eclipse.jetty_9.2.10.jar:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_74]

Things I have tried so far would be verifying that myself and the two other users are in the MariaDB tables.
I have attempted to change our passwords to possibly force a resync.

I am not really sure what else to do. I am currently unable to reboot the server or install any pending updates.

I see there have been a few threads about this issue, but they have never been resolved.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.


(Chuck Coggins) #2

Quick Update:

Last night I did a system update on our PBX server and rebooted.
This did not resolve the issue.

I was unable to install the modules because the repository seemed to be not working.
There was a span of time between 11 and Midnight where I could not ping the repository servers and then when it did come back up the files were not accessible.

I will attempt to update the modules tonight, but I have a feeling that this will not be the solution.


(Greg Snover) #3

Put a ticket in for i9 (the people that wrote iSymphony) - they are excellent and should fix this problem in a Jiffy - most likely it is a sync issue between User Management in FreePBX and iSymphony not picking up the changes for some reason - but do contact them - they are excellent!


(Dave Burgess) #4

@isymphony also tracks problems that pop up here if you include them in the convo. Might be just as quick to include them this time, although submitting a ticket is a good thing (so their tracking system can track it).


(Chuck Coggins) #5

Thank you both!

I placed a ticket with iSymphony and I did link them back to this as well.
I will try to post a resolution here to this issue if I find one.


(Chuck Coggins) #6

Just a quick update: @isymphony
This has been resolved. I am still not 100% sure why this happened to begin with.
In User Management under the iSymphony Tab “Add to iSymphony” we had this set to Inherit.
We changed this over to “Yes” instead and things began working.

I have been with the company for almost 3 years so my best guess is there was a bug in the software that allowed you to use “Inherit” and something happened with mine and the 2 other accounts and the Inherit stopped working.

If you come across this error in the future def. check-in User Management > iSymphony
make sure it is set to “Yes” on the Add to iSymphony tab.
That seemed to resolve my issue.


(system) closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.