Issues With System Firewall

Hello,

Without making any changes recently my system firewall started having a problem today where the dashboard reported “firewall service not running.” The firewall log as this error:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Firewall is not running!’ in /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17
Stack trace:
#0 phar:///var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld/firewall.php(549): FreePBX\modules\Firewall\Attacks->__construct(1000)
#1 phar:///var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld/firewall.php(225): updateFirewallRules(true)
#2 /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld(3): include(‘phar:///var/www…’)
#3 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php on line 17
1558481127: Monitoring parent (voipfirewalld) died. Shutting down!

I tried various things to fix it including rebooting and restarting the service and the server, upgrading the modules, upgrading Asterisk from 12 to 13, reinstalling the firewall, and running yum update, no luck. Downgrading the system firewall from 13.0.57.1 to 13.0.57 removed the error from the dashboard, however I am still seeing some odd behavior as shown in the picture below:

My distro is 10.13.66-22

Any help is greatly appreciated!

My error the same. But it’s error only at monday off each the week.
How you do fix?

No, your error is not the same. This one is showing that voipfirewalld has died, while your error that you posted in another thread is showing that Asterisk is not running. Completely different errors. So you need to see if:

1. Asterisk is really running
  2. If Asterisk is running, is it running under the proper user (asterisk)?

No one?
If everyone else is as stumped as I am it must be a bug.

If these two things are both positive, we need to check on the firewalld process. Go back to the Firewall Main and try rerunning/restarting the Firewall process.

I already tried rerunning/restarting firewall process.

Yes. I had turn on/off firewall, restart asterisk, fwconsle stop start but it’s not run. But bewteen 2hours it’s auto run again

Yes. I had turn on/off firewall, restart asterisk, fwconsle stop start but it’s not run. But bewteen 2hours it’s auto run again.

It’s error at monday each off week. That is show error:
Unparseable output from getservices - [“Exception: Asterisk is not connected in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/php-asmanager.php on line 236”,“Stack trace:”," 1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/php-asmanager.php:236"," 2. AGI_AsteriskManager->send_request() /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Smart.class.php:447"," 3. FreePBX\modules\Firewall\Smart->getPjsipContacts() /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Smart.class.php:437"," 4. FreePBX\modules\Firewall\Smart->getRegistrations() /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Smart.class.php:69"," 5. FreePBX\modules\Firewall\Smart->getAllPorts() /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Firewall.class.php:1026"," 6. FreePBX\modules\Firewall->getSmartPorts() /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/bin/getservices:22"] - returned .

I Have restart asterisk, fwconsle stop start but it’s not run.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.