Issues after getting disconnected in the middle of install_amp

Hello,

I’m new to the whole FREEPBX thing, and was trying to install it to test it. This is on a CentOS 5 system.

I was using the instructions on this website, skipping the installation of libpri/zap/asterisk as they were already installed and running.

I went through all of the MySQL commands to set up the databases and permissions:

/etc/init.d/mysqld start

cd /usr/src/freepbx-2.3.1

mysqladmin create asterisk
mysqladmin create asteriskcdrdb
mysql asterisk < SQL/newinstall.sql
mysql asteriskcdrdb < SQL/cdr_mysql_table.sql

mysql

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asteriskcdrdb.* TO asteriskuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY ‘SOMEPASSWORD’;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asterisk.* TO asteriskuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY ‘SOMEPASSWORD’;
flush privileges;

\q

mysqladmin -u root password ‘SOMEPASSWORD’

After I did this I started running install_amp and got disconnected in the middle of it. When I tried to resume it, I received the following output:

[root@asterisk freepbx-2.3.1]# ./install_amp
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking user…OK
Checking if Asterisk is running…running with PID: 2484…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Checking for /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Using asterisk as PBX Engine
Checking for Asterisk version…Checking for selinux…OK
Connecting to database…FAILED
Try running ./install_amp --username=user --password=pass (using your own user and pass)
[FATAL] Cannot connect to database

I tried the root username/password for the system, the root username/password for MySQL, and the username asterisk (no password set). I’m not sure what username/password it’s looking for. I’ve tried removing and reinstalling all of the MySQL related packages with YUM (yum remove mysql* mysql) and deleting everything from /var/lib/mysql. I’m not sure what else to do here. I would think that this would provide a clean fresh install of MySQL, but if it did I would think install_amp would work properly like it was when my SSL connection dropped.

Any suggestions? I essentially know nothing about MySQL.

Thanks