Issue with Extensions Routes 2.11.0.5

After upgrading Extentions Routes to 2.11.0.5 from 2.11.0.3 my outbound calls would no longer work. Seems like it could be causing maybe some kind of config issue. Anyone have any ideas?

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5 -- Executing [{removed}@from-internal:1] Macro("SIP/100-0000000b", "user-callerid,LIMIT") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:1] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "TOUCH_MONITOR=1393059198.18") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:2] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "AMPUSER=100") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:3] GotoIf("SIP/100-0000000b", "0?report") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:4] ExecIf("SIP/100-0000000b", "1?Set(REALCALLERIDNUM=100)") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:5] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "AMPUSER=100") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:6] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "AMPUSERCIDNAME=") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:7] GotoIf("SIP/100-0000000b", "1?report") in new stack -- Goto (macro-user-callerid,s,15) -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:15] GotoIf("SIP/100-0000000b", "1?continue") in new stack -- Goto (macro-user-callerid,s,28) -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:28] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "CALLERID(number)=100") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:29] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "CALLERID(name)=Line 1") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:30] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "CDR(cnum)=100") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:31] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "CDR(cnam)=Line 1") in new stack -- Executing [s@macro-user-callerid:32] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "CHANNEL(language)=en") in new stack -- Executing [6786248000@from-internal:2] Set("SIP/100-0000000b", "ROUTEUSER=100") in new stack -- Executing [6786248000@from-internal:3] GotoIf("SIP/100-0000000b", "1?restrictedroute-0,{removed},2:outbound-allroutes,{removed},2") in new stack -- Goto (restrictedroute-0,{removed},2) [2014-02-22 03:53:18] WARNING[692][C-0000000b]: pbx.c:6647 __ast_pbx_run: Channel 'SIP/100-0000000b' sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=restrictedroute-0,{removed},2

I did a fresh install tonight and simply could not get outbound calling to work. Disabling this module under Module Admin got me back on track.

It seems that Schmooze is using this module to prod you into registering and purchasing a free license. I will list my complaints with this practice in a moment, but disabling the module has put me on track.

A preface to my complaints.
I do not take issue with making purchases from Schmooze and I am not here for a free ride. I have done my research on what exactly is going on with this module and I understand why it is necessary to obtain a license for its use.

#1 Installing this warning could potentially break a production system.
#1a There are not sufficient warnings that this could potentially break a production system.
#2 Obtaining the actual license is not an automated 24/7 process. This is being offered as Free [as in beer] yet it seems I must wait until normal business hours for the request to be processed. This matters because of #1 and #1a
#3 Either this is a poor execution of a good idea [I think offering the module/license is great] or it was an excellent execution of a bad idea.

If I’m completely off my rocker, please direct me to the documentation that would have explained all of this without me spending 2-3 hours of my Saturday searching and testing.

To sum this up. If you are having this problem and you didn’t before or this is a fresh install then disable the extension routing module. It will get you back to making calls.

After that!! Look into the registration process and/or go to the portal and purchase the license [free as in beer]. Sometime during normal business hours it will be approved and you can then enable the module and enjoy its benefits.

1- You should be able to install the module and if it is not licensed it should not be effecting calling. If that is not the case then report a bug to us as that is how it has always worked.

2- This is changing in the very very near future with the new store that is launching.

Same problem for me, thought I had broken my new install. Seems though this module was not full tested. Disabling fixed it.

#1 Installing this warning could potentially break a production system. #1a There are not sufficient warnings that this could potentially break a production system.

That should never happen. In fact, I -did- test it, in numerous different ways.

So I’m a bit confused how this happened 8-(

This module is not new. Its been around for 3 years now. We did a recent update to it to work with the new COS module. I am confused as I just removed my license file off a test system and have 2.11.0.5 installed and no license file and its not blocking any calls for me at all.

Seems though this module was not full tested. Disabling fixed it.

I did test it, I promise!

I have pushed 2.11.0.6, which adds an extra check to see if you’re licenced. However, I honestly can’t understand how that code was even being run if you weren’t licenced to start with.

HOWEVER. At this point, if you’re having issues with it, it’s a bug, and I want to care deeply and immediately about it.

I’ll even give you a free licence for your assistance in fixing any issues with it! (Shh. I know it’s already free.)

–Rob

Interestingly I did register my system via creating the system on-line first then inputting the code. However it does’t seem to have worked correctly!

free pic

You would need to log into the portal and under store purchase the extension routing module for 0.00 cost.

WOW, that typo really stands out to me now.

I have no doubts that every effort was made to release a quality product. I have been impressed by FreePBX at every turn.

I’m sure this will all be handled and resolved in the near future and this little hiccup will be forgotten the forums. I just hope at least a few people find this helpful and avoid a few hours of confusion until the next update. It’ll be Tuesday before I can even make the time for submitting a bug report. I’ll check to see if this module is updated before I do though, no sense nagging about something that’s already done.

From everything I looked at “asterisk -r” [various numbers of “v”] It seems as though outbound routes are completely ignored.

What I did in order.
A) Fresh Install
B) Change password, properly set SIP advanced settings
C) Update ALL Modules (did not install custom extensions)
D) Create an extension (in this case 101)
E) Configure a Trunk (I’ve done google voice, and a few sip providers)
F) Configure an outbound route (using a trunk)
G) attempt to dial an outbound route
At this point you receive the error regarding restricted routes.

From what I could tell it simply never processes the outbound routes. It successfully processed every feature and all extensions that I setup, but it failed prior to checking outbound routes. I never tested any Inbound Routes so I don’t know if they were affected.

I’ll try Tuesday to get a proper bug report together, baring this being corrected as I believe the man is already on the case :slight_smile:

We ran the update yesterday as we make updates on Sundays, however I was working out of office today, however when trying to make a call from my desk this evening I could not make any outbound calls. Come to find out no one has been able to all day. After wasting a couple hours looking for the culprit, low and behold I find this thread (should have checked here first…) Upgraded to .6 and everything went back into service.

Ah! thanks for letting us know .6 fixed it! that is encouraging!

I have a couple of extensions set up that need to use specific SIP Trunks to make external calls. I am still getting the below error when dialing out. Could anyone help me identify what could be causing this?

Thanks

WARNING[29551][C-000014c5]: pbx.c:6390 __ast_pbx_run: Channel ‘SIP/115-00004b7d’ sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=restrictedroute-2-3-4

This is a problem for me as well. I installed the latest FreePBX distro 64-bit ISO and spend about 4 hours troubleshooting my firewall/UTM and FreePBX only to find that I just needed to disable this module to get outgoing calls working. Very frustrating.

Please start your own thread

Thank you