Is possible make Blind transfer to external routers with PINSET? some way to send previusly the PIN in the tranfer action?

Hello everyone in the FreePBX community

I would like to ask if there is a way to make blind transfers to outgoing routes with PINSET? If I do this, the user does not have the chance to write the pin code, I was wondering if there is an option to send the PIN code in advance in the same dialing . for example

transfer: 12854789892 + 1234 (assuming 1234 is the PIN)

Best regards.

Sorry, I don’t know if there is any way to include the PIN in the number dialed, short of writing custom dialplan to recognize the pattern, check the pin and route to the desired trunk.

However, one would not normally blind transfer to someone you don’t know, so I assume that you are transferring to an associate’s mobile or one working from home. For this, set up an Outbound Route with a ‘secret’ prefix that doesn’t require a PIN. Then, set up a Virtual Extension for each transfer target, with forwarding or Follow Me using the secret prefix. The end user then blind transfers to the virtual extension, so he only has to dial 3 or 4 digits.

Finally, I don’t think PINs are a good idea in general, except for expensive international destinations. The time wasted entering PINs and auditing the results probably costs more than the phone calls.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.