IP Stuck after Installation

Hello Everybody,
I’ve been strugling for a while to install with the the latest Distro with VirtualBox on a Win7

Having a lot of problem accessing the WebInterface but after following SkykingOH advices on a few posts here I managed accessing freepbx webinterface on my HostMachine when putting my Host-Only-Networks as my primary connection for the VirtualBox…

When I finally made it the phase 2 of the tutorial : http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/HTGS/2.+First+Steps+After+Installation

the asked me to change the network settings to “None” and give a statistic IP, since then back to nothing, can’t acces the webInterface again.
It’s so frustrating, is there a way to reset back to factory settings or to change the Network-settings to DHCP back again ?

Thank you very much and your help is highly appreciated. . .

Yonathan

Yes, you can edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xxx where xxx is your interface name (see output of ifconfig)

Look at the CentOS docs for proper syntax in that file.

Lastly, you should be able to have static IP. Just make sure you put it in the same LAN as your computer since it looks like you have setup a bridge between your NIC and the virtual network of the VM.

Remember layer 2 does not know about IP addresses’s. It’s virtual Ethernet.