IP Peering Help Needed

Hello all,

I need help. I am trying to setup IP Peering but I do not think I have everything setup correctly. I used this link to help me with the Trunk setup.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SBC/FreePBX-PBXact+Trunking+Configuration

But I think I am still missing something.
I got the IP address from my provider the SBC box IP and the IP for my PBX. I have two network cards one for the provider and one for the internet for updates.
I config one card with my router info and one static with there’s.
I config the Firewall with both network connections to Internet default.
For some reason I lost internet but can still talk to my phones.
Anyway I built the trunks and the inbound and outbound and that seems to work but I cannot do call forwarding at all. My provider said something about an INVITE but I am not sure where to add this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

What does
netstat -rn
show? If the route to 0.0.0.0 is not present or not via your regular internet NIC, edit the ifcfg-xxxx files in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
as required.

This is most likely a caller ID problem. Test by temporarily setting Outbound CID for your extension to a number not on your PBX and making a call. If it fails, there are three possibilities:

1. Caller ID not in format wanted by your provider.
  2. Headers not as wanted by provider e.g. they may require a Diversion header or a special format for P-Asserted-Identity.
  3. They don’t allow you to send a number that’s not yours. In that case, use Follow Me and set External CID Configuration accordingly.

Thank you. I will check the route and let you know what I find. I will also check with my provider and see what they require for outbound CID.

Thanks again Stewart1 really appreciate the help.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.