Interoffice trunk breaks VoipStreet trunks?

I’m currently tracking down a strange interaction between VoipStreet IAX trunks and IAX interoffice trunks between two PBXen.

If I set up the two PBXes independently, everything works fine. When I configure an interoffice trunk, the VoipStreet inbound calls do something (change their context?) and go back out my outbound trunk, which then creates another inbound call, rinse lather, repeat. [Vitelity trunks don’t seem to be effected, is it possible some remnants of the VoipStreet wizard is causing some problems?]

I’ve reported this at
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9856
and
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/sip-and-iax-trunks-and-providers/voipstreet-trunks-trixbox-2-2
and have lots of logs available, but the folks at Digium pointed me back here (via AMP).

Any ideas? Anything I can do to help narrow down the problem? I could even fire up a couple of test boxes if that would help…

Thanks!

Anything I can do to further the investigation of this bug? I’ve got four systems that do it repeatably, and interoffice trunks sure would be nice to use…

Thanks!

wpns,

I don’t have time to go back and re-read all the issues. interoffice trunks should work fine, and should not interfere with other trunks to voip providers. Did you try making your interoffice trunks sip instead of iax? The alternative is to pay someone to dig into your system further if you can’t resolve the issue and the requirement is critical.

I tried making a SIP trunk, but it doesn’t seem to have worked. Is there a how-to somewhere?

Thanks!

OK, I’ll build a couple of testbeds with one extension each and create the trunks manually as per the VoipStreet instructions and let you know.

OK, I’ve started over from scratch, two separate pentium4-class spare PCs set up with the barest-bones TrixBox 2.2 configuration:

TestBed3 192.168.1.93
TestBed4 192.168.1.94

Each has a DID from VoipStreet, and can make incoming and outgoing calls with no problem. I’m using cut-and-paste from VoipStreet’s configuration pages.

Now add a simple IAX2 trunk between the boxes. Add an IAX2 trunk to TB3, name the trunk TestBed4, and give it the following Peer Details:

type=friend
qualify=yes
host=192.168.1.94
disallow=all
context=from-internal
allow=gsm

Now make a call to TB3, and it’s IAX2 DEBUG output looks like:

Rx-Frame Retry[ No] – OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 000 Type: IAX Subclass: NEW
Timestamp: 00013ms SCall: 00074 DCall: 00000 [64.136.174.24:4569]
VERSION : 2
CALLED NUMBER : 978222xxxx
CODEC_PREFS : (ulaw)
CALLING NUMBER : 888367xxxx
CALLING PRESNTN : 0
CALLING TYPEOFN : 0
CALLING TRANSIT : 0
LANGUAGE : en
FORMAT : 4
CAPABILITY : 63492
ADSICPE : 2
DATE TIME : 2007-06-07 21:59:54

Tx-Frame Retry[000] – OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 001 Type: IAX Subclass: REJECT
Timestamp: 00019ms SCall: 00001 DCall: 00074 [64.136.174.24:4569]
CAUSE : Unable to negotiate codec
CAUSE CODE : 58

Delete the interoffice trunk and the problem goes away. Recreate it and the problem reappears.

What else can I do to narrow down or further debug the problem?

Thanks!

wpns,

here’s the problem. There are numerous organizations that put together code that tries to auto-magically configure stuff in freepbx. They usually go straight to the backend database and inject things. This may work for a while but usually results in things breaking because they don’t use any api calls and as things change and evolve, the likely hood of corruption and other issues grow.

I don’t know if that is the case here or not. However, since I have no idea what they are doing, I can’t starting trying to second guess things. There may be others who are familiar and may have better insight.

you mentioned something about a voipstreet wizard. Is that some un-supported module that someone else (trixbox?) had previously included in yor freepbx? If not -what?

If you did not setup all your trunks directly in freepbx with supported modules then ???

Otherwise, what are you refering to with the wizard?

VoipStreet used to (or was going to?) have a module in TrixBox for easy setup. From their setup instructions:

/*
TrixBox Module Information:

This section is meant to be used with the VoIP Street provider configuration module found within TrixBox. To find the module, click on “System Administration” > “Provider Config” > “VoIP Street”.
*/

I don’t know any more about that, nor can I find “System Administration” at the top level of the TrixBox GUI. There’s a “System Administration” under Tools in FreePBX, but no “Provider Config”

I just thought it might have something to do with the problem.

[I’ve used VoipStreet’s written instructions and their Trunk Wizard, which creates the trunk directly in FreePBX.]