Internal MoH

Hi All,

I have MoH setup to come from a stream and is working fine for any external (incoming and outgoing) calls. Extension to extension uses the default. I can’t seem to find an option for internal, extension to extension MoH. Can anyone advise?

In these forums I’ve seen some posts, but the most recent is in 2017. The more recent ones are “extensions specific”, which is not what I am looking for. One suggests deleting “Default” and re-creating it as a stream - my fear there is “breaking” something, because that was an older asterisk forum that recommended changing the config in the musiconhold_additional.conf file, which is not editable using FreePBX.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I’d be curious about this as well. It’s not terribly pressing, but the default internal hold sounds cheap/generic and would be nice to change to match the external hold music.

Do it from the GUI. Settings > Music on Hold > Default > Set ‘Type = Custom Application’

I had a feeling this was the way to go.

Thanks!

Yup - Did this and works fine. I do wish there was a way to set the internal MoH separately.

I recreated the original default and named it “Default MOH”, just incase I ever wanted to use it later.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.