Internal Directory Failure

After Upgrading to Asterisk 1.4 and RC1 of freePBX, I found that the internal directory didn’t work. There is apparently a change of syntax from 1.2 to 1.4 for this.

As a work-around I added the following to the end of extension_custom.conf

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,Directory(default)
exten => s,4,Hangup

created a misc application using custom-directory,s,1 and pointed all my IVR’s, etc. that use the internal directory to the new misc-application.


file a bug with repo steps although I thought we had fixed that (make sure that your agi scripts are properly copying from the module directory.

FreePBX does not use the Asterisk Directory application, it uses its own agi script.