Intel 82574L onboard ethernet

We do not state anywhere its CentOS 6.5. Its the SHMZ OS 6.5 which is derived from CentOS 6.5. Please be careful with words that have trademarks such as CentOS.

Ok i will, if you feel the post is incorrect please edit?

I upgraded a stock CentOS 6.5 machine as per these instructions http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FD/Converting+Stock+Centos+to+a+FreePBX+Distro
which broke the NIC drivers, is there a way to get SHMZ OS 6.5 to work with intels e1000e: Intel® PRO/1000 Network Driver - 2.3.2-k Driver?

Yes the e1000e has a major issue we have a special driver we include in our repos just for this bug in Enterprise Linux 6.5.

yum install kmod-e1000e

Thanks, but you need to be able to get to the command prompt to run this, is there a way to jump out of the distro install run this and then back.

Nope sorry its for after install. The bug this solves is that the box locks up after a couple hours of running.

Ok thanks, will get new hardware and find a use for this supermicro motherboard. Should have gave up on this one long before.

Use it for Debian plus lampp asterisk dadhi and freepbx ;-)-

RichE

You could also install a supported network card.

alan, thats the problem, i have purchased a Realtek nic to get the install done and then change it, but the Realtek nic isnt supported probally because its a brand new nic. I only have one slot on the motherboard which is PCIe i have got a realtek nic that works in a tower but its PCI and so want to go with a 1U case and low watt power supply.

Might have to find a USB to ethernet adaptor that works and do the install then install the newer nic driver.