Does anyone here have experience running the Distro on AWS EC2 that can shed some light on what needs to be done?
This guy here basically lays out the steps for the import/export that I am using - https://hopstorawpointers.blogspot.com/2017/01/uploading-virtualbox-vm-to-amazon-ec2.html
Everything works as expected, as far as creating the AMI, but the instance will not boot with the following errors:
[ 186.242964] dracut-initqueue: Warning: Could not boot.
[ 186.666225] dracut-initqueue: Warning: /dev/SangomaVG/root does not exist
[ 186.669859] dracut-initqueue: Warning: /dev/SangomaVG/swaplv1 does not exist
[ 186.673723] dracut-initqueueWarning: /dev/mapper/SangomaVG-root does not exist
Starting Dracut Emergency Shell…
Warning: /dev/SangomaVG/root does not exist
Warning: /dev/SangomaVG/swaplv1 does not exist
Warning: /dev/mapper/SangomaVG-root does not exist
Is there some additional mapping that needs to be done with the EBS volume?
Steps I have done:
- Install latest Distro in VirtualBox
- Export .ova file from working VirtualBox Install
- Upload .ova to S3 Storage
- Create AMI per documentation - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vm-import/latest/userguide/vmimport-image-import.html#import-vm
- Create new EC2 instance from newly created AMI
Thanks for any help