Information about setting up Sangoma SBC with FreePBX

Hi,

I’m working through the configuration of the Sangoma SBC with FreePBX, with the aim of configuring the SBC between my FreePBX and a new BT SIP Trunk. I’m following the Sangoma training videos and all is good until I get to the bit about SIP trunking, then I find they have a different version of SBC with ACL’s than mine. I dont have ACLs on my version.

Then I look at the Sangoma Wkik/docs, and they give different instructions for setting up the SBC than their own videos!

So, first question is - is there a definitive resource showing how this SBC should be set up with FreePBX? (Their training videos use PBXact, which is different).

And does anyone know if/how I can update the software on my sangoma SBC?

Thanks, and apologies for basic questions but I’m just starting out.

Ok, I think I’m getting somewhere. My brand new Sangoma SBC was shipped with very old software. So I’ve managed to work out how to upgrade to the latest version, and I now have the ACL menu items, which means I can continue to follow the training videos.

So, new users note - If you buy a new sangoma SBC, the FIRST thing you should do is upgrade the software to the latest version.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.