Incomming calls not working

I checked the log and see that even though it works there is this error as last item:
[2019-05-08 16:47:44] ERROR[1040] pjproject: sip_transport. Error processing 115 bytes packet from UDP : PJSIP syntax error exception when parsing 'Request Line' header on line 1 col 1:

Is the LAN address of your router? If so, it’s weird that it would be sending anything at all.

At the Asterisk console, type
pjsip set logger on
then make a test call.
The actual packet with the bad syntax should appear in the log, immediately before (or possibly after), the error message.

If not, you can capture all traffic at the PBX with tcpdump, e.g.
tcpdump -s 0 -w foo.pcap
Make your test call, type ctrl-C to stop the capture, copy foo.pcap to your PC, open it in Wireshark and locate the problematic packet.

1 Like

Sorry, this is my fault. I just picked 5678 as a ‘random’ nonstandard port to use, not realizing that you have a Mikrotik router. Mikrotik uses UDP port 5678 for MikroTik RouterOS Neighbor Discovery Protocol (MNDP). See .

So just replace 5678 with some other random value (in all places you’re using it) and you should be good to go.

Well spotted there. Glad that you noticed that as it might have caused some problems down the line.
I backed up my system and have decided to re-install everything. Not only is it good practice but over the last couple of days I tried many things and some odd settings might still be lurking. Hopefully this re-install should just work first time.

Thanks all again for the help

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.