Incoming calls to SIP Trunk not working after 10.13.66.22 -> SNG7 upgrade

I used the now-production, latest script to upgrade from 10.13.66.22 to SNG7.

Everything went somewhat smoothly (had some modules that I needed to manually re-install, but nothing too bad.)

Extension-to-extension calls work, outgoing calls through our SIP trunk work, but incoming calls through our SIP trunk get a “this call cannot be completed” message. All calls (both directions) worked fine on 10.13.66.22.

Our SIP trunk provider is Broadvoice, and they use IP address authentication (no need to use user/secret). Approx 6 months ago I tried to get the trunk working on 10.13.x with pjsip, but was unable to, so I left it on chan_sip. All of the extensions are on the local LAN and are using pjsip.

My sip Settings for outgoing are:

type=peer
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
qualify=yes
nat=never
minexpiry=30
maxexpiry=3600
insecure=port,invite
host=206.15.150.13
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
detectfax=yes
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=nonat
allow=ulaw&g729

Incoming:

User Context: default
User Details: [empty]
Register String [empty]

Again, those settings worked perfectly for both in and out on 10.13, but incoming does not work on SNG7 while outgoing does work.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, and am also happy to share any info/logs if they would be helpful!

FYI, this is Broadvoice’s support page on configuring this product with FreePBX:

https://support.broadvoice.com/wiki/FreePBX_Configuration

Assuming your SIP setup is still working, a call trace should show what’s going on:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs

Thanks - ended up solving my issue:

• Created new pjsip trunks
  • Deleted old chan_sip trunks
  • Calls in & out now work

Not sure why it wasn’t working straight out of the upgrade, but I wanted to get to a “pure pjsip” setup anyway, so I am happy.

[Edit: and, for the record, also had to add new trunks to my outbound routes - just in case anyone else has the same issue and needs to fix]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.