Incoming calls goto extension and not IVR

I’m so close to getting this to work, I can almost hear the phone ring; I am however stuck. When I configure the Inbound Route, in the GUI, to goto the IVR, I get a call log which states:

"… in context ‘from-trunk’, but no invalid handler "

So, I took that to mean that it was looking for an extension. Just to verify, I setup an extension that’s my phone number. When a call comes in, I finally get some sort of response and I get sent to voicemail. It’s odd because I can confirm that the Inbound Route has the destination set to IVR.

Does anyone have any hints as to why the calls going to the trunk are looking for the phone number as the extension and not going to the destination setup in the Inbound Route?

did you set the directdid in the extension to the inbound call number? That would do it. It should not let you set it the same as the inbound number but some older versions did not prevent that or had some bugs making the conflict checking fail.

Yes, I did - that was the only way I could get some sort of answer. If the extension with the Direct DID that has the same number as the In Bound route is removed, and then I try to place a call to it, I get the call log entry:

086c3958", “Received incoming SIP connection from unknown peer to VoipNumber”) in new stack
[Feb 7 20:50:35] VERBOSE[9711] logger.c: – Executing [VoipNumber@from-sip-external:2] Set(“SIP/VoipProvider-086c3958”, “DID=VoipNumber”) in new stack
[Feb 7 20:50:35] VERBOSE[9711] logger.c: – Executing [VoipNumber@from-sip-external:3] Goto(“SIP/VoipProvider-086c3958”, “s|1”) in new stack
[Feb 7 20:50:35] VERBOSE[9711] logger.c: – Goto (from-sip-external,s,1)
[Feb 7 20:50:35] VERBOSE[9711] logger.c: – Executing [s@from-sip-external:1] GotoIf(“SIP/VoipProvider-086c3958”, “1?from-trunk|VoipNumber|1”) in new stack
[Feb 7 20:50:35] VERBOSE[9711] logger.c: – Goto (from-trunk,VoipNumber,1)
[Feb 7 20:50:35] WARNING[9711] pbx.c: Channel ‘SIP/VoipProvider-086c3958’ sent into invalid extension ‘VoipNumber’ in context ‘from-trunk’, but no invalid handler

I could use some help translating the last line.

The problem was due to having had a number present in the Caller ID Number in the Inbound Route. Once that number was removed the call was allowed to go through.