Inbound Fax to Email not working after updates

Edge is also showing 13.0.38 - FAXPro in Edge is showing 13.0.36.

Is there an “Edgier” Edge I can try? - or what module do I need to revert to get around this - FAX-2-EMail is the primary way most of my customers get their FAX and the one I was working on when I found this REALLY wants it back.

Thanks!

asterisk -rvvvvvv
database show FAX

Connected to Asterisk 11.23.1 currently running on bdc-office (pid = 42271)
bdc-office*CLI> database show FAX
/FAX/1/localstore : true
/FAX/10/localstore : true
/FAX/11/localstore : true
/FAX/12/localstore : true
/FAX/13/localstore : true
/FAX/14/localstore : true
/FAX/2/localstore : true
/FAX/3/localstore : true
/FAX/4/localstore : true
/FAX/5/localstore : true
/FAX/6/localstore : true
/FAX/7/localstore : true
/FAX/8/localstore : true
/FAX/9/localstore : true
14 results found.

Do you know what userid isn’t working??

Hang on - I will empty it out, and then put a FAX in there to make sure.

So I am guessing I am 1 because of this:

NoOp(“SIP/BluIP-In-000001ce”, “Receiving Fax for: Greg Snover (1), From: “5053430650 5053430650” <5053430650>”) in new stack

Yup - I was 1 and a PDF did end up in the folder /var/spool/asterisk/fax/1/in - Which is weird because I have my extension set to NOT store locally.

Can someone tell me what version of what to revert down to so this will work while we are waiting for the fix?

At this time I’m unable to actually see that a fix is needed. So perhaps we should try to narrow that down first. Eg there is no fix coming at this time.

As above, 13.0.38 of FAX is sending a properly set up FAX-2-EMail destination to nowhere - and it used to work - and it is reproducible.

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/fax2mail.php --remotestationid “5053892039” --user “” --dest “5057717705” --callerid ‘“5053430650 5053430650” <5053430650>’ --file /var/spool/asterisk/fax/1475280595.1.tif --exten “” --delete “true” --attachformat “”

Notice how the user field and the exten field are both blank.

I guess I can just start reverting down until I find a version that works - I will try that.

Ok - That was instructive - reverting down didn’t fix it although what is shown on the CLI is more instructive on the earlier versions - what I finally saw was the Outbound E-Mail address being applied to the outgoing FAX was blank - checked under FAX settings and it was blank there also - set the proper return address, and then it worked with the older versions - upgraded to 13.0.38 and it still works.

So I guess you are right Andrew - it’s not broken in functionality, but something is blanking out that field when an update is applied.

Check the Outboing E-Mail address under FAX Settings if this quits working.

Hi Tony. Could you please elaborate on System Fax <666> not working anymore? I was also using it successfully but it seems it is not working anymore for me, even though I have configured the email destination on Fax Configuration under Settings tab.

Is there any way System Fax can be re-enabled? Maybe filing a bug report, or a feature request?

Well, I found the problem.

It’s inside fax2mail.php on line 27.

if (empty($var[‘sendto’])) {

You changed the extern variable from sendto in to and the code delete the destination email.

Please correct this in the next version.

I changed the ‘if’ to

if (empty($var[‘sendto’])) {
if (empty($var[‘to’])) {
$user = FreePBX::Userman()->getUserByID($var[‘user’]);
if(empty($user[‘email’]) && !$var[‘keep_file’]) {
die_fax(‘email-fax dying, no destination found (User has no email!) and we arent keeping the file!’);
}
$var[‘to’] = $user[‘email’];
$var[‘attachformat’] = FreePBX::Userman()->getCombinedModuleSettingByID($var[‘user’], ‘fax’, ‘attachformat’);
} else {
$var[‘sendto’] = $var[‘to’];
$user = array(“displayname” => “Fax Recipient”);
}
} else {
$var[‘to’] = $var[‘sendto’];
$user = array(“displayname” => “Fax Recipient”);
}

and it’s working!!!

1 Like

Bug reports must go to the tracker:
http://issues.freepbx.org/