Inbound CID issues. "verstat=TN-Validation-Passe" in CDR

Hopefully this is an easy fix but it seems to have started the day the STIR/SHAKEN stuff went into effect. Inbound calls where I see this in the CDR “verstat=TN-Validation-Passe” and also have the +1 attached (despite the trunks being set to “from-pstn-e164-us”) don’t display correctly. Other inbound calls that work fine don’t have that line about validation passed and they have the +1 stripped properly.

I checked with VI (who has the numbers) and it’s set to strip the +1. I asked them and they said everything looks fine.

Where else can I look?

PBX Version: 14.0.16.9
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2104-1.sng7
Asterisk Version: 16.9.0

This is VI being dumb. We have seen this the last few days. What they are doing is if the call is a on net call meaning it’s a VI number calling another VI number they don’t not cleanup their invite. They are including the full identity header which causes you to exceed the 1500 byte limit on UDP packets and you are missing the key data you need in the invite to parse things correct. You need to get them to turn off sending you the identity headset to your PBX or move to TCP.

This may be true but is IMO not the OP’s issue. He’s complaining about number display and CDR entries, implying that the call connected and audio was ok. If the INVITE got truncated, it’s the SDP that would have been corrupted and the media would likely have failed.

I enabled TCP, passed some of this info on to VI, and as usual was asked to provide a packet capture. Will do a quick test and then do a packet capture if it isn’t fixed.

Some of the calls that that we saw this behavior on are cell phones (and I’m pretty sure by definition are off net).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.