Inbound calls rejected

O.K., so AsteriskNow 1.4.26.2, FreePBX 2.6.0RC2.1 We have a Digium TE205P connected to a single span if ISDN PRI. The Telco has assigned us two local numbers to test incoming calls. I created an inbound route for one of those DID’s and assigned it to one of our extensions. Sounds simple enough.

Too simple, apparently, when I dial the number the caller gets a recording that it’s a non-working number and this is what I see in the CLI:

Extension ‘8085255935’ in context ‘default’ from ‘808xxxxxxx’ does not exist. Rejecting call on channel 0/1, span 1

So…other than creating the inbound route and assigning it to an extension I apparently have to do something else. Any suggestions as to what that might be?

The context for the trunk needs to be from-pstn

Make sure you are using a “1” in the inbound route DID ex:12125551212, not 2125551212

Metaldoors, that is incorrect advice.

The digits received did not include a 1, so no 1 is required. The context however was default, FreePBX does not have a context by default. It needs to be from-pstn and that setting is in the Asterisk DAHDI config file.