Inbound Caller ID Not Showing For Directed Call Pick-up

Good day.

I am having issues with displaying the original inbound Caller ID when using Direct Call Pick-up.

Here’s the scenario:

1. Inbound call comes in
  2. Ext A receives the call
  3. Ext B uses code **+Ext A Number to get the incoming call
  4. Ext B does not see the original Caller ID, but instead sees Ext A’s Caller ID

I am using FreePBX 14.0.16.4 and Asterisk 13.38.2. Chan_SIP extensions are also being used for this set-up.

Please let me know what needs to be checked or changed in order to display the correct Caller ID. Thank you.

I haven’t dealt with pickup in a while, but this is likely an endpoint issue.

What phones are you using?

Edit: Just tested on my desk phone, I see the inbound CID. So almost certainly a device setting.

Hi Jared,

The phones are all Polycom VVX 410. I also set the Send RPID to PAI in the PBX server for good measure, but I am still unable to see the caller ID.

Please let me know where I can change the setting in the Polycom phones. Thank you.

Sorry, I cannot help you there.

I have Yealink, Cisco, Snom, Aastra, and Fanvil phones on my test wall but not any Poly.

I don’t think this is an endpoint issue since I have the same setup using PJSIP and it works just fine.

BTW - PJSIP had a known issue ASTERISK-24601 that didn’t send CallerID with NOTIFY to BLF, which I helped patch and is released in Asterisk 16.19.

May I know if there are any know issues with CID for callpickups with Asterisk 13.38.2? I am not sure if that is the root of the issue. I have updated all modules in FreePBX as well.

Look at the SIP traffic for the pickup to see whether Asterisk or the phone is at fault.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.