Import Contacts with Bulk Handler not working

When i try to import contacts with the Bulk Handler, there is no “import” or “proceed” button. I also get errors in the browser console:

JQMIGRATE: Logging is active
config.php?display=bulkhandler&activity=validate:4237 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
modernizr.js?load_version=13.0.190.7:4 ‘webkitAudioContext’ is deprecated. Please use ‘AudioContext’ instead.(anonymous function) @ modernizr.js?load_version=13.0.190.7:4
pbxlib.js?load_version=13.0.190.7.1481320046:134 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘reload_needed’ of undefined(…)

I have posted on http://issues.freepbx.org/ and was told to post here.

Thanks for your help,
Justin

I just tested using bulk handler ver. 13.0.14.2 with no issue. Is it possible you have the csv file formatted incorrectly?

Hi,

I am uploading 315 contacts. All 315 contacts show up correctly on the “Data Validation” page, but there is a large white space below the final contact where, according to screenshots i have seen, the “import” or “proceed” button should show. Please see attached

I have tried Bulk Handler 13.0.14.2, with FreePBX running on x86 and ARM (Raspberry Pi), using Chrome, Firefox and IE. All show errors with config.php and pbxlib.js in the browser console.

EDIT: FIXED. Fields such as fname, lname, title, and so are on required. They can be left empty, but the fields must still be present.

EDIT2: The Required/Recommended Headers sample is wrong. it states phone_1_number is before phone_1_type. This is wrong, it’s phone_1_type,phone_1_number

EDIT3: The grouptype must be lower case, i.e. external NOT External

Hi,

I tried again with a one-line .csv file, and the import button showed up this time, so the problem must have been an incorrectly formatted csv file as you said!

However, when I submit my new file, I get:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException
Undefined index: fname
File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/contactmanager/Contactmanager.class.php:2722

Any idea what this could be?
Thanks,
Justin

Feel free to summarize your findings in a ticket:

http://issues.freepbx.org/

The ordering of headers does not matter