I have a conference bridge (app meetme) setup to toggle between mute and unmute, which is not working

I have a following series of codes to trigger the function with the message confirming your action. I don’t see why it is not working. Any suggestion? I’d appreciate if someone can point out which files to edit to accomplish this.

<div class="obj">
								<div class="pd22">
									<input type=hidden id=NOW_SELROOM2 value=0>
									<a href="javascript:;" class="btnA fgreen" onclick="control_one('MUTE')">Attendee MUTE / UNMUTE</a>
									<a href="javascript:;" class="btnA fgreen" onclick="control_one('VOLUP')">VolumeUp ▲</a>
									<a href="javascript:;" class="btnA fgreen" onclick="control_one('VOLDN')">VolumeDown ▼</a>
									<a href="javascript:;" class="btnA fgreen" onclick="control_etc('ban')">Attendee Boot/Delete</a>

<div class="tbA mt10 scroll_main" id=mmain2-tbl>
										<table>
											<!--
											<colgroup>
												<col width="6%">
												<col width="*">
												<col width="25%">
												<col width="25%">
												<col width="25%">
											</colgroup>
											-->
											<tr>
												<!--<th>Options</th>-->
												<th>No</th>
												<th>Auth Level</th>
												<th>Depart</th>
												<th>Name</th>
												<th>Position</th>
												<th>Mr/Ms</th>
												<th>Ext.No</th>
												<th>MUTE</th>
												<th>Volume</th>
												<th>Connection Status</th>
											<!--<th>채널</th>-->
											</tr>
											<tbody style="cursor: pointer;" id=div-main2-tbody>
					        				</tbody>
										</table>
									</div>
								</div>
							</div>

code for mute/UNMUTE -- /conf/ami/control.php
                                                                            if($_GET['isweb']=='1') {
	$conf_code = $_GET['roomnum'];
	$mode = $_GET['MODE'];

if ($mode=="ALLLOCKONOFF") {
		$query = "update cfr_mon_1 set lock_yn = IF(lock_yn='Y', 'N', 'Y') where room_num='" . $conf_code . "'";
		mysql_query($query);

mysql_close($connect_db);
		//echo $query;
		echo "SUCCESS";
		exit(1);
	}
	else {
		$query = "select now_cnt from cfr_mon_1 where room_num='" . $conf_code . "'";
		$result = mysql_query($query);
		$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
		if($row) {
			$now_cnt=$row['now_cnt'];
		}

if($now_cnt==0) {
			mysql_close($connect_db);
			//echo $query;
			echo "ERROR:";
			exit(1);
		}

if ($mode=="ALLMUTEONOFF") {
			$query = "select mute_yn from cfr_mon_1 where room_num='" . $conf_code . "'";
			$result = mysql_query($query);
			$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
			if($row) {
				$mute_yn=$row['mute_yn'];
			}

if ($mute_yn=="N")
				$mode="ALLMUTE";
			else
				$mode="ALLUNMUTE";
		}
	}

$chan = "";
}

monitor.php

LOCK / UNLOCK
MUTE / UNMUTE
MUSIC / UNMUSIC
VolumeUp ▲
VolumeDown ▼
Start Meeting
End
						<div class="tbA mt10 scroll_main" id=mmain1-tbl>
							<table>
								<!--
								<colgroup>
									<col width="6%">
									<col width="10%">
									<col width="12%">
									<col width="*">
									<col width="8%">
									<col width="20%">
									<col width="12%">
									<col width="5%">
								</colgroup>
								-->

<tr>
									<!--<th>Options</th>-->
									<th>1</th>
									<th>2</th>
									<th>3</th>
									<th>4</th>
									<th>5</th>
									<th>LOCK</th>
									<th>MUTE</th>
									<th>MUSIC</th>
									<th>Volume</th>
								</tr>
								<tbody style="cursor: pointer;" id=div-main1-tbody>
		        				</tbody>
							</table>
						</div>
					</div>

You could help by letting us know what files any of this post refers to in your world

Here’s the debugging part of full from var/log
[2019-06-14 12:54:39] DEBUG[9907] manager.c: Examining AMI event:
Event: Newexten
Privilege: call,all
Channel: Local/do_play@ament-0000000f;2
ChannelState: 6
ChannelStateDesc: Up
CallerIDNum:
CallerIDName:
ConnectedLineNum:
ConnectedLineName:
Language: en
AccountCode:
Context: ament
Exten: do_play
Priority: 12
Uniqueid: 1560430479.58
Linkedid: 1560430479.57
Extension: do_play
Application: GotoIf
AppData: 0?go_mute

Hi, I am adding function keys to mute or unmute a party or the whole room when engaging in a conference meet. I figure the files needed to be updated should be /var/www/html/conf, and /etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf. And in my original coding, I have set up this functionality in conf/sys and monitor.php and control.php. Can I put a link to a github where I could create a repo with relevant files?

Here’s another debug full file;

[2019-06-13 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055] dial.c: Called do_play@ament

[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055] dial.c: Local/do_play@ament-00000009;1 answered
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] pbx.c: Executing [do_spy@ament:1] Answer(“Local/do_play@ament-00000009;1”, “”) in new stack
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] pbx.c: Executing [do_spy@ament:2] Set(“Local/do_play@ament-00000009;1”, “ISHANG=0”) in new stack
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] pbx.c: Executing [do_spy@ament:3] MeetMe(“Local/do_play@ament-00000009;1”, “011,qx,”) in new stack
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[44907][C-00000014] pbx.c: Executing [s@inb_end:22] MYSQL(“SIP/T_LGPBX-00000004”, "Query resid 5 update cfr_mon_2 set k_con=’-’, chan=’’, k_mute=‘UNMUTE’, k_vol=5 WHERE conf_idx=“101” and user_idx=“10001"”) in new stack
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] config.c: Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf’: Found
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] config.c: Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme_general_additional.conf’: Found
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] config.c: Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme_general_custom.conf’: Found
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[45055][C-00000018] config.c: Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme_additional.conf’: Found
[2019-06-14 17:07:06] VERBOSE[44907][C-00000014] pbx.c: Executing [s@inb_end:23] ExecIf(“SIP/T_LGPBX-00000004”, “1?MYSQL(Query resid 5 update cfr_mon_1 set now_cnt=now_cnt-1 WHERE room_num=“011”)”) in new stack

What do

/var/www/html/conf and conf/sys

contain, and more so , what are you trying to achieve?

I’ve added mute/unmute toggle buttons to the monitor page so that one particpating in the conference can hold a private internal session privvy to other members and without worring about being heard.

With a newly added function, a host or an operator can put a mute on all parties so that a conference can from then on be conducted as if it’s a webinar, or to serve other similar purpose.

The things is that I have trouble updating the servicing server due to the version conflicts (maybe, not sure) from the development server, which I now shut down and will not be able to recreate (duh!!). So my head is spinning and it seems I have contract a coder’s block or something and can’t clearly look through the codes. Please help!!

Sorry , I cant help, try as I might, I have no understanding of anything you are saying.

that’s quite let down. Do you think you can examine my files? If you are willing, I will create a github repo with the files. It will read quite well, betten than snippets I’ve got here.

Anyone care to help with my code and other stuffs as the snippets posted here wouldn’t be sufficient enough to get the idea, I have created a github repo (https://github.com/onofflink/freepbxforum.git), which is a private repo as the code is sensitive at least as for me now.

Well my first suggestion is to not use deprecated functions in PHP. the old mysqld driver has been EOL,deprecated for quite sometime (like PHP 5.x) and shouldn’t be used anymore. You should be using the mysqli driver in PHP for this.

That’s a long shot for me now as I want to have my function key to work. It’s a combination of keys, for example; * + 3 to mute the line holder, * + 6 to toggle back to the open line, * +5 to turn down the volume and * +2 is to turn up the volume. I have about 30 key sets working except the mute and unmute keys. The scripts are in the same file. So question arises, how come all other key sets work except these mute buttons?

Have you considered that things have changed since this script was written. It’s clearly at least 6+ years old given the coding already shown. The script needs to be updated to be more current.

There is also the fact in that time both Asterisk and FreePBX have made numerous changes. Have you looked at those changes and confirmed they don’t impact how the script is written or what actions is calls, etc.?

That’s exactly why I am here. To get to the bottom of reality, to shake me out of this doldrums of me hating changes. But don’t you think ODBC should be recommended instead of Mysql as ODBC supports connection pooling in my dialplan?
I plan to visit the IDC center tomorrow with Freepbx Distro to install and start over. But I’ve got my tooth deep in that bug situation; until I know how to fix this, I’d really appreciate your help.

Level Key combo description applicable IVR
all ★ + 2 volume up all “Your volume is up.”
★ + 3 mute on a single line all “Your line is put on mute”
★ + 5 volume down all “Your volume is turned down.”
★ + 6 unmute all “Mute is released.”
★ +7 roll count all “There are … in attendance now.”
★ + 9 key summary all
Host 1 + 0 To conclude the meeeting host “Your meeting has ended”
1 + 2 volume up for the conference host “Volume has turned up for every line”
1 + 3 mute on every line host “All lines are on mute”
1 +5 to volume down for every line host “Volume has turned up for all lines.”
1 + 6 unmute for every line host “The mute is off for every line”

app_meetme is also deprecated. Since you’re in development mode anyway you might as well start over and use app_confbridge.

This is an example of key sets I have created and coded for each category of members. Everything except for the mute and unmute is working. I wonder why this happens.
Thanks to you guys, I realized that I really had to go back to basics and upgrade my skills. But in the mean time, can anyone point out why this wayward bug is persistent and provide me with some solution to tame it?

seems it’s working now!!
anyone who cares to test this, please call
+82 70-4509-7486 (attendee pw 105044, host: 044603). after the passcd, press # to enter the conference room.
if you really want to test the admin page, please let me know. I will get you the necessary info.
Thanks guys.