HTTP ERROR 500 after login to admin panel

I’ve just upgraded FreePBX Distro from 6.12.65-22 to release 23 and 24.
Now I can’t login as Admin. I’m getting blank screen (HTTP error 500 at /admin/config.php) after entering my admin name and password.
This is what httpd error_log saying each time:

[Thu Dec 25 19:53:29 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.104] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Directory /home/asterisk/.gnupg doesn't exist, and I can't make it (getGpgLocation).' in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:605\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php(336): GPG->getGpgLocation()\n#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php(484): GPG->runGPG('--output - /var...')\n#2 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php(139): GPG->checkSig('/var/www/html/a...')\n#3 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(180): GPG->verifyModule('userman')\n#4 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(100): Self_Helper->loadObject('Userman')\n#5 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php(36): Self_Helper->autoLoad('Userman')\n#6 /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php(6): Self_Helper->__get('Userman')\n#7 /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria/functions.inc/userman_hooks.php(23): setup_userman()\n#8 /var/www/html/admin/modules/bria/functions.inc.php(6): include_once('/var/www/html/a...' in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 605

How to fix this?

Have you tried either of these? If not, I recommend starting with both:
amportal chown
service httpd restart

Yep. No difference. I checked also the directory ‘.gnupg’ and it exists where it should be:

[root@localhost asterisk]# pwd
/home/asterisk

drwxr-xr-x  2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Dec 25 20:06 .gnupg

Your permissions on the home directory are wrong. Amportal Chown doesn’t take care of that directory for now

Run something like: chmod -R 755 /home/asterisk

Oh. That did the trick. Thanks!

I have installed freepbx-2.9.0 on a Centos-7 system, and I receive Error 500 when attempting to access localhost/admin.config.php. However THERE IS NO /home/asterisk directory. Any advice why this directory was not created by the install process? How can I resolve the Error 500?

That FreePBX version (like this thread :wink: ) is extremely old. You can find current versions here:

If you’re installing on a new server and not using it for anything else, why not use the FreePBX Distro? Otherwise you can skip to the Manual/Tarball download.

1 Like

I am trying to upgrade a VERY old Trixbox installation incrementally through each major release of FreePBX using the Upgrade Tool. Starting with (Trixbox-2.4.2 / FreePBX-2.5.0 / Asterisk-1.4) I have successfully upgraded to FreePBX-2.9 but I cannot go beyond that without upgrading Asterisk from 1.4 to 1.8. To continue my effort, I need a system running FreePBX-2.9 with Asterisk 1.8. Can you advise how to accomplish this?

Forget about upgrading that PBX to a supportable system. Now that it’s running 2.9, use this script to migrate your settings off the Trixbox to a new distro install:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

1 Like

Thank you very much, I had no idea this tool existed. I will try it.
What donor versions of FreePBX and Asterisk are supported?

Asterisk version is unimportant. FreePBX must be 2.9+