How to use UCP fax widget when destination is a group? Shared access?

We point our fax lines to a “Fax Recipient/Ring Group Ext nnnn”. The ring group user created when the extension for the group is created isn’t really used for anything else. We couldn’t really find any other way if we wanted out faxes to go to a group email. Is there any other way to allow users access to another user’s UCP? I don’t really want to have to login to UCP with their group extension just to be able to manage a fax.

Possibly a duplicate of https://community.freepbx.org/t/ucp-fax-pro-ability-to-see-someone-elses-faxes/51091

BTW, this is for:
PBX Version:15.0.23.17
PBX Distro:12.7.8-2203-2.sng7
Asterisk Version:16.27.0

Yes there is. Go to “User management” select a user you want to be able to view said fax and select the “UCP” tab. Then select the sub tab “miscellaneous” In “Allowed Extension Settings” enter the exention that you want this user to be able to see.

I did not know about this setting, however, when I enable that I still don’t see any other extensions under fax. Only the users is shown. The additional extension that was added under the misc tab is shown now for call forwarding and a few others. Is there some other fax setting I’m missing?

BTW, this is for:
PBX Version:15.0.23.17
PBX Distro:12.7.8-2203-2.sng7
Asterisk Version:16.27.0

It looks like I was mistaken. Fax control is one of the few options not available in the UCP in that manner.

Hmmm, wonder if v16 will include that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.