How to: Upgrade FreePBX13 to FreePBX14 on Hyper V - Guide

1. 1. Migration Tool

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

1. 2. Transfer of CDR Export / Import

OLD PBX:
mysqldump --skip-add-drop-table --no-create-db --no-create-info --complete-insert asteriskcdrdb cdr > cdr.sql
mysqldump --skip-add-drop-table --no-create-db --no-create-info --complete-insert asteriskcdrdb cel > cel.sql

Transfer the sql files to the new server (WinSCP, etc)

Run on new PBX:
mysql asteriskcdrdb < cdr.sql
mysql asteriskcdrdb < cel.sql

1. 3. Voicemail and Recordings not Transferred

As of 8/28/2018 the conversation tool does not transfer voicemail into the new system

Copy the Voicemail.conf to the new system:
Example:
rsync -aP /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf [email protected]:/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf

Access old system Voicemail. Voicemail is located in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail.

Locate the voicemail.conf and open on the old system. Copy the [default] and entire section below it. and paste into the new pbx conf file.

Use rync, no other tool. Winscp won’t copy the permissions and the voicemails on the extensions break. Run the following command:

Example:
rsync -aP /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail [email protected]:/var/spool/asterisk

asterisk -x “voicemail reload”

Transfer Recordings :

Run the command Example:

rsync -aP /var/spool/asterisk/monitor [email protected]:/var/spool/asterisk

Transfer Wav file custom recordings:
Example:

rsync -aP /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom [email protected]:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/

1. 4. Commercial Modules

Endpoint Manger and Sysadmin have to be configured manually. Check all commercial modules before going live! (I’m serious dumbass, do it, you forgot about ones they use)

1. 5. Move Commercial License to a new Deployment ID

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPAS/How+to+Move+a+PBX+Deployment+to+a+New+PBX

4 Likes

Until this ticket is addressed, you will need to manually copy system recordings as well:

rsync -aP /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom [email protected]:/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en

Iterate over any other languages as necessary.

1 Like

forgot about that thank you

Guide updated

1 Like

SIP Settings is also not included in the script.

I’m not sure tho if there’s already a ticket addressing this.

Which settings are you referring to? I have all my sip settings in the trunks

I assume @GSnover meant: Settings > SIP Settings page.

Yup - Things such as your Public and Private IP, what RTP Ports you use, which Codecs you allow - Since you can have both machines up at the same time (actually you have to have them both up to use the script…) you can just copy and paste over to the new machine - This step is pretty easy.

1 Like

Another point, the conversion script deliberately does not migrate /etc/asterisk/*custom.conf files. Those have to be migrated manually post migration. Look for non zero byte files from this output:

ll /etc/asterisk/ | grep custom
1 Like

And another point which was just discussed over in another thread, MOH is also not being migrated.

HYPERV is highly used. Can sangoma please add this to the supported upgrade script? Pretty embarrassing that it isn’t

Nothing to do with Sangoma, this was a RHEL decision. Explained here:

Don’t get me wrong, I also want upgrade script for our HyperV machines, but I guess it’s not up to Sangoma…

3 Likes

No sorry. It’s not something we will spend time on. It’s not a supported Hyper Visor by us and RHEL has decided to not support this so it’s not something we will spend even a second of time on. We have much more important things from our custmers to focus on.

interesting. What hypervisors are supported besides vmware? Pretty odd

In case you really want to Migrate, Here are instructions:

The directions didn’t mention music on hold, but it needs done too.
rsync -aP /var/lib/asterisk/moh [email protected]:/var/lib/asterisk

Ah, I guess someone mentioned it already in the comments.