How to Upgrade FreePBX Distro 13 to 14

Hi!

The distro upgrade “script” is available but still beta…

Some people barely had any problems (or problems which were easy to solve) while others had problems which required restoring and going back to FreePBX 13…

I ran it about a month ago when it was first made available and it broke my system. However I was able, with help from the FreePBX devs, to get it back to working order without requiring a reinstall…

Some people were not so lucky…

There wasn’t only thing that got broken but multiple but I was willing to take the time to try to identify everything that got broken so that the script could be improved.

Since then there have been quite a few updates of the distro upgrade “script” each one addressing most if not all of the reported problems.

Chances are, if you run it right now, you might have barely any problems (if at all)…

Would I recommend you run it on a Production server?

Right now I would not suggest you to run this on a Production server unless you have a loooooot of time on your hands in case something goes wrong and have proper backups.

This is not something you should consider lightly, the “script” is still beta and there are still systems which experience issues after the upgrade…

The FreePBX devs themselves do not recommend running it on a Production server at this time…

Have a nice day!

Nick