How to upgrade freepbx 16 to bookworm

Somebody here will correct me but I don’t think FreePBX 16 will work with anything newer then PHP 7.4.

In that case, what do I have to do to keep php 7.4 when I upgrade the system to bookworm? If I do nothing, it will give me a newer php version.

Is there a reason you are upgrading to bookworm? If you want this machine for FreePBX and FreePBX isn’t compatible with the new version I would keep the underlying OS at whatever version it’s currently at so you don’t have to worry about managing dependency versions.

That would be great, but bookworm is now the new OS and bullseye is now old, so I do want to upgrade. This is now a several years old OS, so you can’t keep it forever. Is freepbx not ready for this upgrade yet? I thought they were working on things when the OS was in testing.

Non-distro installations are community supported. You are maybe the first person in the forum to do this so let us know how it goes; perhaps write up a how-to when you have it figured out

2 Likes

Debian 11.7 was just released in April. 11.x has full support until next year. It gives people time to migrate properly and test things.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.