How to remove strange extension that's registered on Sangoma P330 phone

I have 3 Sangoma P330 phones I’m getting setup. On one I hit the logout button and was unable to login even after resetting the password. Eventually I figured out it was a router firewall issue. The other 2 phones came up and register fine and show BLFs. But this problem phone comes up with a line button labeled ?-70349650209 and watching the sngrep logs, it shows that extension is registered. But I never created that strange extension! The extensions are all 3 digit, 101, 102, etc. And that strange extension doesn’t show up Extensions. I did some digging and found an xml and blf xml file with that extension name under tftboot. I deleted those files as well as the macaddress.cfg file and reset the phone. Portal redirection is setup. The phone came up and registered with the same strange extension under Line 1. I can’t edit it in EPM because it says that Account 1 is already associated with this mac address. I can add account 2, and the button mapping comes up but the BLF’s don’t work.


How do I figure out where that extension is coming from and how do I remove it?

Try to enter port 5060 (or whatever port you set in the EPM DPMA settings) on the phone for the provisioning server.
You can use tftp or http(s) for provisioning, not both.
The conf files for the phones are in /etc/Asterisk/dpma, when you use http(s) provisioning.
Isn’t there a setting in EPM, where you can choose tftp/http(s)?
You might have to delete this extension in the EPM and start from scratch. Network scan…if the phone is local.

Just checked on my system (P370). I have a config-file in the tftp-folder too, but it contains only an url to the provisioning server.

  <setting id="config_server_url" value="sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=udp"/>

and there are two xml-files, one for the BLF/line-keys and one for the phone contacts (all these files get rebuilt once you hit the rebuilt-button for the EPM phone template).
…and a Digium folder with the firmware for the P-series phones.

I was surprised to see anything in tftp since I didn’t think tftp was really used anymore. I went into sysadmin provisioning protocols and disabled ftp and tftp and http(s) is still enabled. The xml file contains more than the url to the provisioning server, it also has contacts in it. And there’s also the blf.xml file.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.