How to provision Alcatel-lucent 8078s and 8088 phone

Hi Team,
I need assistance or guidance on how to provision Alcatel-lucent 8078s and 8088 phones. I got freepbx 15 installed.

Thanks in advance,

This kind of phone works with a proprietary protocol on an Alcatel OXO or OXE.
I know they are able to use a SIP protocol for a backup system but needs to be connected on their base system to be provisioned correctly.
The SIP protocol becomes up once the phone lose the OXO or OXE system.
I don’t talking about it’s not impossible to swith them to the SIP protocol, but the result will not be that you expect.
Need to simulate a OXO / OXE system and provide some conform files for provisionning, and next swith to the SIP protocol. The hardest is to get the firmware and their files.
No way to set any BLF or customize the buttons. You will lose the API / XML app on the screen…etc

I worked with the Alcatel systems from 26 years. If I recall correctly. that’s it.
I don’t know if the SIP protocol is easier to set today. But 7 years ago, that worked like this.

Je vois que tu es Français.
Ce ne sera pas facile d’utiliser ce genre de téléphone vu qu’ils fonctionnent avec un protocole IP propriétaire.

Ils peuvent switcher sur du SIP lorsque les téléphones perdent la connection avec OXO ou l’OX.
En théorie, il est possible de les faire fonctionner, mais il faudra simuler un OXO ou OXE pour qu’ils puisse télécharger leur firmware et la conf dudit OXE/OXO puis switcher sur le protocol SIP.

Le bénéfice de passer sur du SIP n’est pas intéressant, car c’est un peu comme pour les Cisco 7940/60, on perd l’avantage des BLF et des menu…Etc
Ici, en mode SIP, pas de BLF, pas d’application XML…Etc

En fait Alactel utilisent le SIP en Backup uniquement pour le secours et ils s’en tapent d’avoir des services sur le téléphone en SIP vu que pour eux, le backup ne doit pas dépasser la journée.
Donc comme le téléphone doit revenir dans un état normal en mode UAip, pas de dev sur les boutons en mode SIP. D’ailleurs, il me semble que le ficher de conf sip ne prévoit pas de paramètre pour les boutons, ne serait-ce même pour du speed dial.

J’ai travaillé pendant 26 ans avec des systèmes Alcatel 4400 / OXE. J’ai quitté la boite il y a 7 ans. Je ne sais pas si le SIP a évolué de leur côté, mais ça m’étonnerait fort.

J’ai un autre modèle (basic) dont j’avais commencé à essayer de trouver un moyen de le faire démarrer. J’ai abandonné par manque de temps.
Avec tcpdump, on peut facilement tracer ce que demande le téléphone comme fichier, quiz sur le format et les paramètres dans celui-ci.

I definitely ran into what @franckdanard mentioned when trying to set up a couple of our Alcatel 4018EE sets. I had finally got it to work - as in I could make calls from it and it could receive calls. However functionality was gone, the screen just showed the extension or caller ID. I had got the necessary files from our current OXE through FTP.

My opinion is to get new phones that are compatible with FreePBX, though that’s understandably a lot of money. We have a couple thousand phones in our district, all Alcatel. Many of them are older phones that are not SIP compatible.

1 Like

Yes, indeed need to get the correct files from OXE / OXO and next the SIP backup can ben used.

Thanks fdanard, thanks all.
So if i understand well. You got a OXE/OXO card that you connected into your box that allowed you to provision the phones?

Thanks,
Richard

Not exactly, this is a CPU card connected to the LAN. Like this

And this phone is also connected to the GD card like this

With this CPU, you can get the files and firmwares to be used on a FreePBX system.
Just adapte the tftboot directory allowing your phone to be provisionned with the right config.
The worst will be to get these files without CPU card or any sources.

Indeed, the phone are very nice and very expensive. But you will lose all features in the screen and BLF.
It’s not intersting to spend your time on it I think.

Thanks/Merci

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.