How to make Sangoma Connect mobile work?!

This gets a little complicated, with your VLAN topology, if your full system is behind one point of ingress/egress you should probably do the ‘hair-pinning’ on your router as suggested, My suggestion is just a short-cut for those with a simpler topology.

Sorry for confusing you :slight_smile:

Ok, no problem. Egress traffic from FPBX VLAN is going out of what I call transport VLAN to my edge router.

Hm, I think I tried to enable those things like NAT reflection on the SIP and RTP rules but no Bueno.

I will read more docs for my firewall.

So, you think it might be hairpin?

Hair-pinning is relegating the ability to locally resolve a name from your system with '/etc/hosts` up to the router. That is either easy or not so much depending on your router. Good Luck

Thanks.

How about Split DNS? Is it compatible with Connect mobile configuration requirement??

How exactly will you implement ‘Split DNS’, do you have multiple DNS Servers?

Basically Name Resolution is a Linux thing at core and will use basic preference using the elementary linux ‘gethostname’

https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/gethostname.2.html

as such you can use DNS or local resolution, whatever works for you, anything relying on Name Resolution will be unaware of how you provision it.

I could enable on my firewall but not sure how routing will operate.

That is a question for your firewall if it can redirect and do SNAT/NAT/PNAT properly

Yeah, I will play tonight. Cannot brake anything right now, have to be able to receive a calls. :slight_smile:

To rule out a hairpin NAT issue. Look for registration in the app when on office’s WiFi and when on cellular. If the later works, it is most likely a hairpin issue.
If you have Connect sits licensed, you are entitled for Support by submitting a Commercial Module support ticket.

It works over cellular. Do I get support if I have trial license?

Q. question for those who knows this topic:
Since wiki mentions DNS for dual registration required. Example: “Support for dual registration (i.e LAN/WAN or or auto failover) must be accomplished using DNS.”

What address/hostname/or whatever does it use to resolve?
Additionally, where could I look in FreePBX?

Thank you.

Were I to be pedantic, I would question that ‘must be accomplished using DNS’ statement, I would agree that resolution by IP would be mostly fruitless, Linux does not necessarily consider DNS as authoritative for name resolution, as discussed, any linux device anywhere will consult /etc/hosts if a result is found, DNS will be ‘short circuited’

In other words, any part of FreePBX when trying to ‘gethostbyname’ will be consulting the kernel in which it resides, which might or might not need DNS.

Better described at

Admin, Sangoma Connect, Settings tab. There is a field to specify the ip/fqdn for both the client AND the push server registration

Ok,
So, I can come up with my own address/word?

Sorry I have not read the whole thread but just wanted to mention while I was troubleshooting connectivity issue with Sangoma Connect using the SIP log viewer in the ios app was indispensable.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.