How to Install TFTP MANAGER 1.1.0.0 on a new ASTERISK WITH FREE PBX SERVER

Hey everyone,

I have downloaded and unzipped the tftpmanager.tgz file, please tell me how to step by step procedure to install TFTP MANAGER ON A NEW ASTERISK WITH FREEPBX GUI SERVER.

Thanks & Regards

Yes please stop shouting and demanding we send you “exact instructions”.

You do not set the IP address from the phones interface, you need to setup a DHCP server on your server with option 66 (boot server IP).

You now need to create the configuration files. As mickecarlsson pointed out you can find many resources with example configuration files on the web. www.voip-info.org is a great resource.

You can also install the FreePBX endpoint manager that will generate the config files for you.

Please simlockboy, do not USE CAPSLOCK WHEN YOU TYPE. It is called “shouting” and not appreciated here.

As for the question, if you google that you will find plenty of sited describing what you are looking for.

used the CHMOD command and got the permissions done! Upgraded my phone and now its on the SIP FIRMWARE !

Now that I have the SIP firmware on the phone:
IN THE NETWORK SETTING, WHEN I PRESS **# IT DOES NOT UNLOCK THE OPTIONS TO ENTER THE IP ADDRESS MANUALLY.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UNLOCK THE NETWORK SETTING MENU ON CISCO 7940 WITH THE SIP FIRMWARE???

Thanks for all the help!!

Its that easy !! Superb! I will try that and post how it goes.

Regards

Got it Installed perfectly.

BUT NOT I AM GETTING THIS ERROR MESSAGE:

ERROR: unable to copy uploaded file to /tftpboot directory. Check permissions and try again.

Please tell me the exact commands to change the permissions.

Thanks & Regards

Simply go to the module admin and choose the option “install local module”. Make sure the .tar.tgz file is on the machine you are browsing from.