How to get *60 to work with any number - 853-xxxx

Hi,

I am only using FreePBX as a hobby. I made a closed system payphone with a Raspberry Pi attached - no outside dialing at all. I have clips from various things when you call specific numbers - Deep Thoughts(411), Moe’s Tavern prank calls from The Simpsons, 8675309/Jenny, Lily Tomlin (Operator), et cetera.

This group previously instructed me how to call the built in Time feature (*60). However, when I was a kid, although time was officially 853-1212, I could call any number I wanted after the 853 – 853-1234, 853-9276, et cetera. Is there a function available so I can set up FreePBX to do the same, call 853-xxxx and get the build in Time feature (*60)?

Thanks!

Change the code from *60 to 853

I think it would need to have a final !

Thanks for the suggestions.
I currently have 853-1212 set up as an extension. When you dial that extension, it does Feature Code Admin <*60>. Works great for the one number. However, I’m not sure how to implement either recommendation listed above.

I cannot change <*60> to 853 - or more likely I do not know how.

I’m not sure where to put the exclamation point - When I put the ! in the Extension number, I get the error code, “Please enter a valid extension number.” I tried to change the “Edit Extension” to “CUSTOM/853!”, but that didn’t do it either.

I’m guessing I need to tackle this in a different way than just setting up an Extension, but I have no idea what to do. Again, I appreciate the help. Thank you in advance!

Okay. I changed *60 to 853 in Feature Codes, but that didn’t do it. I’m sure it’s something simple. Any other thoughts?

Here’s some screenshots of my system:

The Asterisk dial pattern that would allow you to dial any 7 digit string starting with 853 would be

_853XXXX

Due to input validation constraints, you can’t set the feature code for speaking clock direcftly to that string, but you can do it by creating a Misc Application. The following MIsc App config will do what you’re looking for:

If you’re on a PI you may have to install the module first.

Thank you Lorne! That worked perfectly! Exactly what I needed. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.